June is one of the most popular times to visit Portugal, largely because the weather is so good. As most Portuguese cities are on the Atlantic coast, you can expect the ocean to have a cooling effect... most of the time! Be prepared for high temperatures too.
Summer is arriving in Portugal in June and the temperatures are warming. You'll also find plenty of sunshine just about anywhere. Overall, temperatures are nice along the coastal locations, from Porto in the north to the southern Algarve coast, and in Lisbon in between.
Just remember the interior, such as the Douro Valley, can get hot in the summer.
Weather in Lisbon in June
The temps are rising, along with the number of visitors in Lisbon. There is typically very little rain. It can get as high as 100°F/38°C and as low as 55°F/13°C so be prepared for variances. On average, it is usually comfortable.
- The average maximum temperature in Lisbon in June is 77°F/25°C.
- The average minimum is 61°F/16°C.
- The average monthly rainfall in June in Lisbon is 17mm/0.7''.
Weather in Porto in June
June is nice and pleasant in northern Portugal. Sunny days, with warm, pleasant temperatures. Temperatures have reached as high as 96°F/36°C and have gone as low as 48°F/9°C, and while they may be variances, it never hurts being prepared for the possibilities.
- The average maximum temperature in Porto in June is 73°F/23°C.
- The average minimum is 57°F/14°C.
- The average monthly rainfall in June in Porto is 46mm/1.8''.
Weather in the Algarve in June
Sunny days and warm temperatures characterize the Algarve at this time of year. Though can get as high 95°F/35°C and as low as 55°F/13°C, the climate of the southern coast is temperate. Though never guaranteed, the Algarve gives you some the best probability of having sunny, warm days in Portugal.
- The average maximum temperature in the Algarve in June is 78 F/26 C.
- The average minimum is 61 F/16 C.
- The average monthly rainfall in June in Faro is 7mm/0.3''.
Weather in Douro Valley in June
The Douro Valley can still be comfortable in June and with less rain than the winter, this is a good time to do some sightseeing. However, keep in mind the Douro Valley has more extreme weather than coastal locations, which means summers can get hot.
- The average maximum temperature in Vila Real in June is 77°F/25°C.
- The average minimum is 54°F/12°C.
- The average monthly rainfall in June in Vila Real is 54mm/2''.