June is the perfect time of the year to travel to Las Vegas because it is before the summer vacation crowds and the uncomfortable, extreme heat of mid-summer. The temperatures are not ridiculous yet, but they do call for plenty of water and plenty of shade.
This month, room rates start dipping to more affordable levels for the expensive properties, and the cheap hotels practically give away vacations as the temps start to rise in the desert, though it's a dry heat.
Las Vegas Weather in June
The weather is perfect for working on your summer color with a few hours at a swimming pool. Golf tee times should be scheduled for early or late. Take morning or evening walks if the temperatures are to hit the triple digits during the day. You will get some 100-degree days, but June still will also have some really nice days in the high 80s. There's also a very low chance of rain as Las Vegas only gets an average of .12 inches of precipitation.
- Average high: 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.7 degrees Celsius)
- Average low: 69 degrees Fahrenheit (20.5 degrees Celsius)
What to Pack
Because the temperatures in Las Vegas range greatly from day to night, you'll want to bring a mix of clothing. In the afternoon when the heat and sun are the harshest, wear breezy clothing like dresses or cotton shirts and shorts. It's important to lather on lots of sunscreen as well. However, in the evening, the temperatures tend to drop so you may be more comfortable in jeans. Good walking shoes are important for exploring the Strip, and if you're planning on hitting the night clubs or fancy casinos, then you'll need a nicer outfit or dress to get past the bouncers.
June Events in Las Vegas
There's always something happening in Vegas, whether you want to see a show, go to a live concert, or just check out the sights.
- Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con: This annual conference brings together all your favorite sci-fi characters and superheroes.
- Lady Gaga: The queen of pop will be hosting a residency from June 1 to 15, 2019, at the Park Theater at Park MGM.
- Ka by Cirque du Soleil: This 90-minute show features acrobats, aerial artists, and choreographed martial arts. It's held the whole month of June 2019 within the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino.
June Travel Tips
- June is pool season, so you're likely to be outside all day. It's very important to stay hydrated and drink plenty of fluids while basking in the Las Vegas sun—that means drinking just as much water as you do alcohol.
- If you want to escape the city, there are plenty of outdoors attractions ideal for June trips. Take a ride over to Lake Mead and rent a boat for the afternoon. You can also go rock crawling or cool off with the sharks at the aquarium.
- Dining alfresco is one of the best things to do in June—especially at restaurants that have a view of the Las Vegas Strip at night. Outdoor meals at The Park Las Vegas are good, as the giant mist machines will keep you cool. If your budget can handle it, have dinner out on the patio at Costa Di Mare at the Wynn.