- Average High: 68°F (20°C)
- Average Low: 52°F (11°C)
- Average wet days: 8.4 days
- June gets about the same amount of rain as May
- Average daily sunshine: 7 hours
What To Wear
- Some days can be sunny and warm; some cloudy and rainy. It's best to pack layers and a light jacket
- Always bring an umbrella when exploring London!
- Trooping the Colour: The Queen’s Birthday Parade (Saturday in June). This regal event at the Horse Guard's Parade celebrates the Queen's ceremonial birthday with a procession of over 1400 soldiers, 200 horses, and over 400 musicians. How To Get Tickets For Trooping The Colour
- Royal Academy Summer Exhibition (mid-June to mid-August). Admire work by artists of all merits at this annual event at the Royal Academy. Around 1,000 pieces of art are selected by a judging panel from as many as 10,000 entries each year. The tradition dates back to 1759.
Any Public Holidays?
- No more Bank Holidays until August
June Annual Events
- Free Range - Art & Design Degrees Shows (June and July). See works by creative graduates at the Old Truman Brewery in Shoreditch. Categories include fashion, art, graphics, photography and interior design.
- London Open Garden Squares Weekend (early to mid-June). Explore London's secret gardens and squares, some of which are not normally open to the public.
- World Naked Bike Day (Hyde Park) (Saturday in early June). See thousands of naked cyclists take to the streets of London to protest against oil dependency and car culture.
- Spitalfields Festival (throughout June). This two-week-long festival features an eclectic lineup of musical performances, talks, and workshops in various venues throughout Shoreditch.
- London Rathayatra (Hare Krishna Festival of Chariots) (Sunday in June). This vibrant Hare Krishna festival features a parade of colorful chariots, music, drums and dancing.
- Opera Holland Park (June to early August). Grab tickets to see some of the opera world's finest performers hit the high notes at the Holland Park Theatre.
- Bike Week (mid-June). Get involved with a number of city-wide cycling events as part of this international celebration of all things two-wheeled.
- Beating Retreat (two evenings in June). This ceremonial event at the Horse Guards Parade brings together military music, fireworks, and drums to mark the tradition of breaking off fighting between troops.
- Taste of London (four days in late June). Sample some of London's culinary highlights at this foodie event in Regent's Park that brings together food stalls and small bites from the city's top restaurants.
- BP Portrait Awards at National Portrait Gallery (mid-June to mid-September). This annual portraiture event is one of the most prestigious contemporary art competitions in the world.
- West End Live (weekend in late June). Catch free performances of top West End shows in Trafalgar Square as part of this annual showcase.
- Greenwich & Docklands International Festival (4 days in late June). London's largest outdoor arts festival brings together street theater, dance, cabaret and art installations.
- Wimbledon Tennis Championships (last week of June and the first week of July). This historic Grand Slam event takes place in a leafy corner of southwest London.
- Wireless Music Festival (June or July). This fun weekend music festival takes place every year in Finsbury Park in north London.
|Choose another month|
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!