Summer is here. Watch out for afternoon showers.
- High 89°F 32°C
- Low 74°F 23°C
- Rainfall 4.8"
What to Wear:
- Comfortable sandals
- Shorts and other warm weather clothes
- Sun hat and sun glasses
- Rain gear
- Special summer menus at restaurants
- Humidity can be high making it fell hotter than it is.
Annual June Events:
- Wednesdays Wednesday in the Square Concerts
- Every Thursday Twilight Concert series in City Park.
- All Month Special Exhibit- Turning Point: The Doolittle Raid, the Battle of Coral Sea and the Battle of Midway at the National World War II Museum.
- June 01 – September 3, Animal Grossology at the Audubon Zoo
- June 01 – 17, 2012 Furnishing Louisiana, 1735-1835 at the Historic New Orleans Collection
- Jun 2 WYES International Beer Tasting Event 6:00 PM at the UNO Lakefront Arena
- June 2nd and 4th New Orleans Oyster Festival
- June 07 – December 27 Ogden After Hours Concert Series at the Odgen Museum of Southern Art
- June 8th Movies in the Garden: The Wizard of Oz in the Sydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
- June 8-10 The Vieux To Do - Three festivals on this one weekend, and all three are in the French Quarter. They are:
- The Creole Tomato Festival
- The New Orleans Seafood Festival
- The Louisiana Cajun/Zydeco Music Festival.
- June 9 New Orleans Voodoo vs. San Antonio Talons 7:00 PM in the New Orleans Arena
- June 10th - 15th The New Orleans Traditional Jazz Camp for Adults
- June 17th Father's Day Race half mile and 2 mile in Audubon Park
- June 22 – 24 FestiGals- Women's Weekend Getaway in the French Quarter
- Jun 26 Van Halen, Kool & the Gang 7:30 PM in the New Orleans Arena
- Jun 30 New Orleans Voodoo vs. Jacksonville Sharks 7:00 PM in the New Orleans Arena