June brings events and activities for kids, foodies, a bit of gay pride and much more to the island. One of the capital's biggest festivals takes place this month, kids have salsa, bouncy castles and Disney on Ice to look forward to, and seafood festivals in San Juan and Guánica. And while hurricane season officially kicks off in June, it's no reason not to visit Puerto Rico.
- The 9th Annual Children-Teen Salsa Congress brings young salseros from all over the world.
- The Festival de San Juan Bautista is one massive open-air party, complete with its own traditions and plenty of revelry.
- Inflalandia turns the Puerto Rico Convention Center into a kids' playground.
- June 1: San Juan hosts its annual Gay Pride Parade, with thousands of people taking to the streets along Condado's Ashford Avenue in a peaceful, celebratory march. San Juan is a very gay-friendly city, and this parade usually attracts a huge crowd.
- June 4-8: Disney on Ice returns to Puerto Rico comes and tours the island. The show starts at the San Juan Coliseum on June 4-8, and then travels to Arecibo on June 12-15, followed by a trip to Humacao on June 18-22. Tickets available here.
- June 14: The HCOA Energy Challenge, the largest fitness event in Puerto Rico, comes to the Puerto Rico Convention Center, with live Zumba classes, CrossFit, Yoga and more.
- June 14: Enjoy the music of Star Wars, Star Trek, Back to the Future and more? Then you'll want to check out this concert of movie music from the symphonic orchestra of Puerto Rico at the Centro de Bellas Artes in Santurce.
- June 14: Come to the first annual Ceviche & Seafood Festival at San Juan's Bahía Urbana.
- June 14-16: The town of Guánica hosts its annual crab festival, with the scrumptious jueye, or crab, the culinary star.
- June 20-22: Take the kids and bounce your way to Inflalandia a bouncy, inflatable jungle of fun and kids' activities that transforms the Puerto Rico Convention Center into a child's wonderland.
- June 23-24: The San Juan Bautista Festival is a festival in honor of the patron saint of San Juan, but as with many such festivals in Puerto Rico, religious fervor takes a major back seat to partying. The festival comes with a wonderful tradition: at night, head to the beach and jump backward into the water three times. It's for luck. No, really; it is.
- June 25-29: The El Yunque Carnival comes to Rio Grande with music, food and a Sunday parade to cap off the festivities.
- June 27-29: The 7th Annual Children-Teen Salsa Congress comes to the Condado Plaza Hilton. The only youth salsa congress in the world attracts some of the best young salsa aficionados in the world for a few days of instruction and fun in San Juan.
- June 28: 1964 the Tribute celebrates the music, the legacy and the legend of The Beatles at San Juan's Bahía Urbana. Rolling Stone Magazine calls it the Best Beatles Tribute Show on Earth.
- June 29: San Juan's Bahía Urbana Park hosts the first annual PR Pizza & Beer Fest, starting at 1pm. In addition to beer and pizza, there will be live music and a tasting. Tickets are available here.