There's a lot going on at Disneyland in June, as summer gears up, there will be a full entertainment lineup of parades, fireworks, and light and water shows every day. However, there will also be significantly more people heading to the park due to the events and schools starting summer break.
But there are also pluses to going this time of year. Besides the many events and activities Disneyland offers in the summer, after the first Friday in June, Disneyland is open 14 to 16 hours per day, every day.
June is one of the busier months at Disneyland. You can use a crowd forecast calendar to get a day-by-day prediction, and you may be able to improve your experience significantly.
The day after new attractions open, expect larger-than-normal crowds. New attractions will often stay busy throughout the summer following their opening, but Fastpasses and Maxpasses will shorten your wait.
Disneyland Weather in June
June can be foggy, with the nearby ocean creating cloudy conditions that locals call June Gloom. Humidity at this time of year averages about 70-percent.
- Average High Temperature: 72 F (22 C)
- Average Low Temperature: 60 F (17 C)
- Humidity: 70 percent
- Daylight: On the longest day of the year (June 21), you will have about 14.5 daylight hours to enjoy the parks.
At the extremes, Anaheim's record low temperature was 30-degrees, and its record high was 108-degrees.
In general, Disneyland is open 14 to 16 hours per day, every day in July. California Adventure hours may be slightly shorter.
What to Pack
You are going to need layered clothing. Make the innermost layer one that you'd be comfortable in if it's a little hotter than the forecast high, and then add light layers to prepare for possible rain (unlikely but good to be prepared), water events, or chillier temps (it cools off quickly at night). If you're going to watch Fantasmic! or World of Color up close, you'll be thankful for a water repellent jacket. Cooling neckbands, hats, and water bottles are also a must.
June Events at Disneyland
When Disney has new rides and attractions to unveil, they typically do it around the beginning of June. Those new attractions are usually open on an unofficial "soft opening" basis shortly before that, and you might get to be one of the first people to experience them.
Disneyland's annual Grad Night events continue into June. The after-hours graduation dance party is held in California Adventure. Expect bigger crowds all day long on the dates they're held. WDWinfo has a list of the dates.
June Travel Tips
- You'll find it hard to get significant ticket discounts in June.
- Hotel costs will be at their highest all summer.
- When there are big, new rides and attractions to unveil in June, some park areas might be closed for a press preview event the day before the official opening.
- Except for really major renovations that take many months, one advantage of the busier times at Disneyland is that all the rides will be running, except for brief closures to do routine maintenance.