July in Hong Kong sees plenty of rain and plenty more humidity, but luckily Hong Kong has plenty going on indoors to keep you occupied during July in Hong Kong.
Average High: 90F (32C)
Average Low: 81F (27C)
July is oppressively hot and humid with regular monsoon downfalls. Typhoons in Hong Kong are occasionally seen in July, bringing high winds and plenty of rain.
What to Wear
- An umbrella can be used both for the frequent downpours, but also to deflect the intense sun, a source of protection pioneered by the locals.
- A light sweater is useful as everywhere in Hong Kong is air conditioned, often like a fridge
- Light cotton T-Shirts are useful in the soup-like humidity, allowing your body to breath.
Need to Know
- First-time visitors should be wary of the humidity, which will leave you soaked in sweat after ten minutes of walking. Be sure to take on plenty of liquids to battle against dehydration.
- If outdoors for more than twenty minutes, consider sun lotion or a cap, the Hong Kong sun is mercifully direct.
- If traveling to the countryside, bring mosquito repellent.
- The sea in July on average reaches a very pleasant 27C and the ideal time to visit the Hong Kong Beaches.
- The Hong Kong shopping festival is a welcome indoors attraction.
- Hong Kong is effectively Typhoon -proof, and it can be fascinating to see the force of mother nature.
- Rain rain and more rain.
- The humidity makes it difficult to do much walking outdoors.