JetBlue Airways’ frequent flyer program, TrueBlue, offers great rewards for its members. It’s free to join and can only done online here. Children under the age of 13 can be enrolled in TrueBlue by calling 1(800) JETBLUE (538-2583).
As a base, TrueBlue members receive three points for every dollar spent toward a flight (excluding taxes and fees). Then, an extra three points are earned for every dollar when flights are booked online at JetBlue.com.
An additional two points are awarded if the member uses JetBlue's cobranded MasterCard credit card to purchase the flight. The price of flights in points depends on the fare of the flight in U.S. dollars.
JetBlue says that TrueBlue points will never expire for any reason. And travelers can use their points for any seat at any time, with no blackout dates, which is usually the case with legacy airlines.Families can pool their miles to use to book flights.
The current policy states that if you book a flight on jetblue.com, you earn double, with six points per dollar. Flights bought elsewhere result in three points per dollar spent.
A quick overview of the TrueBlue program:
Earning Miles – various ways to earn miles with your card:
- Purchase qualifying services or product of JetBlue Airways or a TrueBlue Partner
- Earn three points per dollar spent
- JetPaws services or Even More Space Seat provide various amounts of points when purchased
- JetBlue Getaways vacation packages and Cruise vacations are also eligible to earn points
- Shop Online with JetBlue Partners
Extra points can be awarded depending on the fare purchased. After the first three base points, travelers can earn three bonus points per dollar spent for Blue fares, four bonus points for Blue Plus fares, five points for Blue Flex fares and three points for its long-haul business class Mint fares.
You can also earn 200 bonus points for buying an Even More Space seat or six points per mile spent for a JetBlue vacation.
Spending Miles – you can use your miles to:
- Purchase tickets called “ Award Flights,” one-way or round-trip tickets to your favorite JetBlue destinations
- Donate your points to your chosen charity, and in turn, they will be able to use the points for JetBlue flights to help their cause
- Redeem TrueBlue points on Hawaiian Airlines flights
- Pay for your Getaways vacation package, using cash and TrueBlue
- Subscribe to your favorite magazines or newspapers
- Transfer your points to another members account
- Subscribe and get monthly deliveries of coffer from Coffees of the World
More Miles Options
- Collect Bonuses and Badges and get rewarded
- Miles can also be bought to get closer to that “Award flight” you want.
- TrueBlue Mosaic, most loyal customers, more points, more benefits and exclusive offers
For more information on this airline, visit our JetBlue Airline Essentials Guide.