Jamaica is one of the most popular islands in the Caribbean for nude beach lovers.
There's something about the extensive beaches, hot sun, and availability of ganja that inspires honeymoon couples and other adults on a romantic getaway to shed their clothing along with their inhibitions on golden beaches and inside clothing-optional resorts.
Going nude isn't obscene or just for exhibitionists. If you venture into a place where it's safe to be nude and join in, you'll see all kinds of bodies.
Most are there because they simply want to revel in the delicious freedom and sensual feeling of having no clothing between themselves and the sun and the water.
Is it Safe to Go Nude at a Beach in Jamaica?
Legally, no. It is against the law in Jamaica to go nude in public. And yet... there are parts of the island's beaches and private resorts where nudity is commonly enjoyed by sunbathers and the authorities don't intrude. Know that some areas designated "adult" allow limited nudity i.e. women can comfortably go topless. Those specified as "all natural" indicate that full nudity for both women and men is accepted.
Most Popular Places for Nude Beaches and Resorts
Slightly longer than its name indicates, Seven Mile Beach in Negril on Jamaica's western coast is frequently named to lists of the world's top beaches. It draws females eager to drop their tops as well as both sexes to do sunbathe nude.
The safest places of adult recreation in Negril is on the beaches within its resort hotels. The following, many of which are all-inclusive and/or adults-only, are nude-friendly or have designated areas where it's fine to be naked. The best offer amenities such as private beach beds and nude swim-up bars, and the opportunity to dive and snorkel as unencumbered as a fish is certainly enticing.
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort & Spa: Beachfront loft suites make this property particularly appealing to honeymoon couples. Some women go topless on the beach, but not everyone participates.
- Couples Swept Away: Topless sunbathing is permitted on the main beach.
- Couples Negril: The resort's nude beach is rarely crowded and has its own hot-tub. Voyeur alert: occupants of third-floor rooms in building six enjoy a bird's eye view.
- Hedonism II: Two beaches in Negril, one for nudists.
- Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay: There's a nude beach to the left of the resort.
- Grand Lido Negril: Grand Lido introduces luxury in Negril's first all-nude, all-inclusive resort. A private, oceanfront property, it's open to guests age 21 plus. Amenities include personalized meet-and-greet services plus access to an exclusive lounge at Sangster Airport, butler service at the resort and daily hors d’oeuvres and snacks served poolside.
- Also on Jamaica's west end, resorts including the cliffside Banana Shout, Xtabi, and The Caves (a Travelers' Choice TripAdvisor awardee) reserve nude bathing areas.
Nude Beaches and Resorts Beyond Negril
Since Jamaica is an island ringed by beaches, there are many resorts along them where interested couples can go without clothing.
Sandals Royal Caribbean: Enjoy the fantasy of a private island idyll off Montego Bay. Board the free shuttle at the hotel and then strip down and go nude on the part of the resort's offshore island set aside for nude sunbathing. There's a bar and swimming pool, and you won't necessarily get a sunburn; there are loungers that you can move under a palapa. Or simply go topless at Royal Caribbean's main beach and duck into the shade before you burn.
- Sandals Jamaica Montego Bay: With less room for totally nude sunbathing that nearby Sandals Royal Caribbean, some women at this property go topless on its beach.
- Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort & Spa: Between Negril and Montego Bay, the family-friendly all-inclusive Grand Palladium has a clothing-optional, adults-only area to sunbathe au naturel.
- Sunscape Splash Montego Bay: Although this property is family friendly, at the nude beach a stroll away from the resort there are "no cameras" and "adults only" postings to discourage prying childish eyes.
- Couples San Souci: In Ocho Rios, nude sunbathing is permitted at the resort's larger beach, which has a swimming pool close to the sand.
- Couples Tower Isle: Twosomes who want to go clothes-free can strip down at this Ocho Rios resort's private offshore island, which boasts a bar and a swimming pool. It is reached by a free shuttle boat from the resort.