In addition to its incredible selection of championship golf courses, the Innisbrook Resort Amenities are extensive and inviting. They include tennis on 11 beautifully maintained clay tennis courts, six swimming pools, including the Loch Ness Monster Pool with water slides, 60 aces of lakes for fishing, miles of jogging and cycling trails, a nature walk. Innisbrook Resort also has a comprehensive Recreation Department ready to assist you with your group activities.
The staff of resort professionals has the expertise to provide you and your group with a full range of exciting activities to highlight your meeting, or just enjoy during your stay. Activities include unique teambuilding events and dive-in movies at the Loch Ness pool, fishing trips, boat tours and sightseeing excursions at nearby attractions. The Recreation Department at Innisbrook is unique. I have not run across anything quite like it before, and it makes the resort a great choice, not only for a golf outing or family vacation, but for full-blown corporate conventions.
Innisbrook's Tennis Center offers 11 Har-Tru® courts, with seven lighted for night play. The Tennis Center also boasts a pro shop, indoor racquetball courts and fitness facility. Each member of the professional Palm harbor tennis staff is USPTA certified and available for private instruction, as well as customized clinic programs, seven days a week.
Resort Clinics are also offered three times a week. And, if you need someone to play with, the tennis staff has a pool of members to call upon. Junior Players can enjoy afternoon Junior Clinics and Summer Camp Programs for all levels of play.
Outdoor Activities and Fitness:
- The Great Outdoors: More than six miles of trails meander throughout the resort, providing guests the opportunity to take in all the natural beauty of Innisbrook as they walk, jog or bike. By the way, bicycle rentals are also available. You can take a stroll down Innisbrook's Nature Boardwalk and enjoy the tranquility of the cypress marsh reserve and wildlife sanctuary, home to a variety of wildlife including Snow-White Egrets, Long-Legged Herons and Red-Headed Woodpeckers. For fishing enthusiasts, Lake Innisbrook is the place to find largemouth bass (some as large as 10 lbs), as well as catfish and bluegills. The Recreation Department can even arrange a charter trip to the Gulf of Mexico where redfish, snook, tarpon, grouper and snapper are among the many species that will test your skills.
- Keeping Fit:Just because you’re on vacation, it doesn’t mean your exercise regimen has to take a break. Located in the Tennis Center, the Fitness Room offers a complete line of free weights and aerobic conditioning equipment for an effective workout, including Cybex equipment, stair climbers, Combi exercise bicycles, and treadmills. The resort’s onsite certified personal trainer offers a variety of fitness classes and personal training programs created to improve your personal health and wellness. For a more casual workout or just for fun, basketballs and volleyballs are available at the Tennis Center. And after a great workout, consider a relaxing massage or take advantage of the saunas available at the Island Clubhouse, as well as outdoor Jacuzzis at the Island and Copperhead pools.
The Swimming Pools at Innisbrook:
- With six refreshing swimming pools, Innisbrook provides abundant opportunities for soaking up the Florida sun.
- The Loch Ness Monster Pool, Innisbrook’s largest, is located in the center of the resort amid a three-acre fun park. Loch Ness offers two sand beach areas, a 15-foot waterfall, two winding water slides, a separate plunge pool with bubbling jets and fountains, a grille for casual poolside dining, water volleyball, sunbathing areas and a monster-sized spa that seats up to 36 people. During the summer months and holidays, the younger set is sure to enjoy the many poolside games and activities hosted by the Innisbrook staff. The entire Loch Ness complex is designed to complement the resort's lush landscape and wooded acreage. Because of a special concern for the environment, the design centers on conservation of existing green space, mature pines and stately magnolias.
- All pools are temperature controlled and equipped with lounge furniture and bathhouses. The Copperhead and Island pools each feature a hot tub and food and beverage service for your enjoyment.
- The Beaches: What would a trip to Florida be without a visit to the beach? At Innisbrook you’ll be just 10 minutes from some of the nation’s finest. Not exactly onsite, but the resort does offer a complimentary beach shuttle to get you there and back with no hassles.
For the Kids:
- Keeping the youngsters happy is an extremely important consideration for most families, especially those that golf. Innisbrook’s extensive program for kids is designed to allow the grown-ups to relax with peace of mind as they enjoy their own chosen activities. The staff at Innisbrook offers a range of summer camps from Junior Golf to Tennis, to Swim Camps, along with a whole host of arts and crafts and outdoor activities. The kids will never be bored, thus you will enjoy the resort to its fullest, just as you should..
How to Get There:
The closest regional airport is Tampa International Airport. The airport is served by all major US airlines, including United, Delta, Continental, US Air, AirTran, American, and Northwest.
Central Florida offers an amazing diversity of golf courses and resorts to choose from. This is one I can personally recommend.
Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club
36750 U.S. Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, FL 34684
Tel (727) 493-2575
Fax (727) 942-5576
Reservations (877) 465-3196
Check out these favorite locations: Scotland, Florida, the American Southwest, Bermuda, the Bahamas, all over the Caribbean and Mexico and many more. For up-to-date golf travel news and information, be sure to Subscribe to my weekly Newsletter.