More Inner Sunset Neighborhood Information:
Inner Sunset - Map & Guide | Inner Sunset - Neighborhood Profile | Inner Sunset - Photos | Inner Sunset - Essentials
INNER SUNSET RESTAURANTS - by Cuisine
Inner Sunset restaurants are organized in an alphabetical list - by cuisine type.
AMERICAN & CONTINENTAL
- Peasant Pies Cafe & Catering
- 1039 Irving Street (at 12th) (415) 731-1978
- Southern French style pies with fillings like Moroccan lentil, chicken potato, and vanilla flan.
- 627 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 753-8867
- Diners select prepared, healthful foods from different serving stations – including greens, sides, meats, dressings and desserts. The eatery has a second city location in SF's Marina District.
- 92 Judah (at 6th)
- (415) 731-6175
- Ethnically diverse menu with creations inspired by Filipino, Indian, Cuban and other cuisines. This Inner Sunset restaurant also serves weekend brunch.
- Yellow Submarine
- 503 Irving Street (between 6th & 7th)
- (415) 681-5652
- A landmark sandwich shop that's been serving San Francisco for decades. Sub sandwiches include pepper steak, steak and cheese, pastrami, veggie, and other varieties.
- San Tung Chinese
- 1031 Irving Street (between 11th & 12th) (415) 242-0828
- Chinese food with dumplings, dry fried chicken, stir frys and soups.
COFFEE, TEA & BAKERIES
- Arizmendi Bakery Cooperative
- 1331 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 566-3117
- A worker-owned co-op in the Inner Sunset - with baguettes, olive bread, cheese rolls, pizza, shortbread and other baked goods.
- The Beanery
- 1307 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 661-1255
- A popular Inner Sunset coffee place with a selection of regular and organic coffee and tea, and small tables for seating.
BREAKFAST & DINERS
- Art’s Cafe
- 747 Irving Street (between 8th & 9th)
- (415) 626-1211
- A favorite Inner Sunset hole-in-the-wall breakfast joint with traditional American breakfasts, eggs, hash browns, and also Korean BBQ.
- 624 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 681-5858
- Family-owned spot whipping up both sweet and savory crepes, egg dishes, sandwiches and salads.
- Howard’s Cafe
- 1309 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 564-4723
- Inexpensive and traditional American breakfast comfort foods in a retro diner setting.
- New Eritrea
- 907 Irving Street (between 10th & 11th) (415) 681-1288
- Eritrean specialties, injera bread, meat dishes, veggie dishes, and unusual cocktails to sample.
- Naan ‘n Curry
- 642 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 664-7225
- Inexpensive, self-service Indian food. This Inner Sunset restaurant is part of a small chain.
JAPANESE & SUSHI
- 1283 9th Avenue (between Irving & Lincoln)
- (415) 566-1770
- Sushi, teriyaki, fried oysters and other Japanese dishes. Listed as one of TripSavvy's Top SF Sushi Places.
- 408 Irving Street (between 5th & 6th) (415) 731-7077 Sushi and fusion menu with traditional sushi and also specialty rolls with a twist. Also has small plates to share, sake menu and desserts.
MEXICAN RESTAURANTS & TAQUERIAS
- La Fonda
- 712 Irving Street (between 14th & 15th)
- (415) 681-9205
- Inexpensive taqueria and burrito place outside of SF's Latino food hub, The Mission, with a few places to sit, but mostly take-out.
INNER SUNSET SEAFOOD
- 1336 9th Ave
- (415) 682-9980
- Cajun-Creole seafood eatery specializing in oysters, crab, and crawfish and cuisine that's cutlery-free.
- Pacific Catch
- 1200 9th Ave
- (415) 504-6905
- West Coast fish house serving up sustainable seafood highlighting Pacific flavors. With multiple Bay Area locations, including SF's Marina District, the South Bay's Mountain View, and the East Bay's Walnut Creek.
- Marnee Thai
- 1243 9th Avenue (between Lincoln & Irving)
- (415) 731-9999
- A favorite Inner Sunset Thai place with several local “best of” awards.
- Loving Hut Vegan Restaurant
- 524 Irving Street
- (415) 731-1957
- A U.S. vegan chain with menus that vary according to local tastes. In the Inner Sunset this means an extensive range of soups, noodle dishes, and inventive plant-based entrees.
- Yummy Yummy
- 1015 Irving Street (between 11th & 12th)
- (415) 566-4722
- Vietnamese menu includes pho, curries, imperial rolls.