More Inner Sunset Neighborhood Information:
Inner Sunset - Map & Guide | Inner Sunset - Neighborhood Profile | Inner Sunset - Photos | Inner Sunset - Essentials
INNER SUNSET RESTAURANTS - by Cuisine
Inner Sunset restaurants are organized in an alphabetical list - by cuisine type.
AMERICAN & CONTINENTAL
- Peasant Pies
- 1039 Irving Street (at 12th) (415) 731-1978
- Southern French style pies with fillings like Moroccan lentil, chicken potato, and vanilla flan.
- 627 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 753-8867
- Diners select prepared, healthful foods from different stations – greens, sides, meats, dressings and desserts.
- 92 Judah (at 6th)
- (415) 731-6175
- Ethnically diverse menu with creations inspired by Filipino, Indian, Cuban and other cuisines. This Inner Sunset restaurant also serves weekend brunch.
- Yellow Submarine
- 503 Irving Street (between 6th & 7th)
- (415) 681-5652
- Sub sandwiches: pepper steak, steak and cheese, pastrami, veggie, and other varieties. .
- San Tung Chinese
- 1031 Irving Street (between 11th & 12th) (415) 242-0828
- Chinese food with dumplings, dry fried chicken, stir frys and soups.
COFFEE, TEA & BAKERIES
- Arizmendi Bakery Cooperative
- 1331 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 566-3117
- A worker-owned co-op in the Inner Sunset - with baguettes, olive bread, cheese rolls, pizza, shortbread and other baked goods.
- The Beanery
- 1307 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 661-1255
- A popular Inner Sunset coffee place with a selection of regular and organic coffee and tea, and small tables for seating.
BREAKFAST & DINERS
- Art’s Cafe
- 747 Irving Street (between 8th & 9th)
- (415) 626-1211
- A favorite Inner Sunset hole-in-the-wall breakfast joint with traditional American breakfasts, eggs, hash browns, and also Korean BBQ.
- 624 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 681-5858
- Crepes made with ingredients like Nutella, egg dishes, sandwiches and salads.
- Howard’s Cafe
- 1309 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 564-4723
- Inexpensive and traditional American breakfast comfort foods.
- Irving Street Cafe
- 716 Irving Street (between 8th & 9th)
- (415) 664-1366
- Breakfast and burger place with items like corned beef hash, egg dishes, breakfast burritos and tuna melts.
- 1376 9th Ave. (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 665-1821
- Local diner with breakfasts and American fare such as burgers.
- New Eritrea
- 907 Irving Street (between 10th & 11th) (415) 681-1288
- Eritrean specialties, injera bread, meat dishes, veggie dishes, and unusual cocktails to sample.
- 1220 9th Avenue (between Irving & Lincoln)
- (415) 566-6976
- Indian food from tandoori to curry to korma.
- Naan ‘n Curry
- 642 Irving Street (between 7th & 8th)
- (415) 664-7225
- Inexpensive, self-service Indian food. This Inner Sunset restaurant is part of a small chain.
JAPANESE & SUSHI
- 1283 9th Avenue (between Irving & Lincoln)
- (415) 566-1770
- Sushi, teriyaki, fried oysters and other Japanese dishes.
- 408 Irving Street (between 5th & 6th) (415) 731-7077 Sushi and fusion menu with traditional sushi and also specialty rolls with a twist. Also has small plates to share, sake menu and desserts.
MEXICAN RESTAURANTS & TAQUERIAS
- La Fonda
- 712 Irving Street (between 14th & 15th)
- (415) 681-9205
- Inexpensive taqueria and burrito place, with a few places to sit, but mostly take-out.
POLYNESIAN & HAWAIIAN
- Kaleo Cafe
- 1340 Irving Street (between 14th & 15th)
- (415) 753-2460
- Hawaiian-themed ambiance with coffee, beverages and lite fare like sandwiches and desserts.
INNER SUNSET SEAFOOD
- PJ’s Oyster Bed
- 737 Irving Street (between 8th & 9th)
- (415) 566-7775
- Oysters, gumbo, smoked Louisiana baby back rips, and other New Orleans style menu items.
- Marnee Thai
- 1243 9th Avenue (between Lincoln & Irving)
- (415) 731-9999
- A favorite Inner Sunset Thai place with several local “best of” awards.
- Café Gratitude
- 1336 9th Avenue (between Irving & Judah)
- (415) 665-0335
- All organic vegan and raw food, and a restaurant committed to sustainable and local farming. This Inner Sunset restaurant also has a venue in Berkeley - East Bay.
- 420 Judah Street (between 9th & 10th)
- (415) 661-7755
- Vietnamese food with dishes like sesame beef and coconut rice. Dragonfly doesn’t serve pho but does have other soup.
- Yummy Yummy
- 1015 Irving Street (between 11th & 12th)
- (415) 566-4722
- Vietnamese menu includes pho, curries, imperial rolls.