The 2017 inaugural parade route is shown by the blue line on the map above. The parade will begin at the steps of the U.S. Capitol Building and proceed along Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House. The best way to get to the inaugural parade will be by Metrorail. The closest stations are marked on the above map and will depend on where you choose to view the parade. Please note, due to security measures, the Archives, Mt.
Vernon Square and Smithsonian Metro stations will be closed all day on Inauguration Day. Read more about Getting Around Washington, DC on Inauguration Day
For more information on inaugural events, see Presidential Inauguration 2017.
Please note that all details are subject to change and may be updated as the day of the event approaches.
Inaugural Parade Route Map User Tips
- The parade route is shown by the blue line.
- The area outlined in magenta is restricted to authorized vehicles only.
- The area outlined in red is restricted to pedestrians only - no vehicles are allowed.
- The areas outlined and filled in grey have no public access allowed.
- The area outlined and filled in orange is for parade ticketed seating only.
- Bike parking for 100s of bikes will be provided at 16th Street NW and I Street NW shown by the yellow dot.
- Capital Bikeshare will set up additional bike stalls at 17th and K Streets NW (Farragut Square) and at 12th Street and Independence Avenue SW (U.S. Department of Agriculture) as shown by the blue dots.
- Public access to the parade route is restricted to the parade entry security checkpoints located at the green dots.
Parade Route Entry Points
The following public entry points will open at 6:30 a.m. on January 20, 2017, and will remain open until the parade route can no longer accommodate additional people.
- 2nd Street NW and C Street NW
- John Marshall Park at C Street NW
- Indiana Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW
- 7th Street NW and D Street NW
- 10th Street NW and E Street NW
- 12th Street NW and E Street NW
- 13th Street NW and E Street NW
- 14th Street NW and E Street NW
- 12th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 10th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- 7th Street NW and Constitution Avenue NW
- Constitution Avenue NW between 6th Street NW and 7th Street NW
The Inaugural Parade features official inaugural floats, marching bands, mounted units, cultural organizations, and members from all branches of the Armed Forces of the United States. Since 1789, the U.S. armed forces have participated in this important American tradition honoring our commander in chief. More than 8,000 people participate in the traditional parade along Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington DC. Read more about the inaugural parade.
Washington, DC Sightseeing Information
- On the National Mall
- Smithsonian Museums
- Monuments and Memorials in Washington, DC
- A Guide to Washington Metrorail
- Best Sightseeing Tours in Washington, DC