About In Villas Veritas
In Villas Veritas is an owner-run agent for luxury villa rentals.
• It was founded in 1997 by Laura Blair, an American who was raised in Europe
• Laura had rented upscale villas for years in France and Italy and, she says, "I wanted to make this European tradition accessible to Americans"
Today, In Villas Veritas represents over 300 villas, worldwide
• The majority are in Europe, the Caribbean, and Mexico
• They are as a rule very high-end, offering more privacy and space than resorts
• See all the ways that villa vacations can beat luxury hotel vacations
How In Villas Veritas Is Different from Other Villa Services
Some villa rental agents function as mere intermediaries between the villa owner and the vacation renter. In Villas Veritas is much more involved and hands-on.
• Laura Blair has personally visited every rental property on her roster, and works closely with villa owners to ensure that their properties are shipshape
• In Villas Veritas also handles private yacht charters
How In Villas Veritas Rentals Work
Villas are typically rented on a weekly basis, though other arrangements can sometimes be made.
• Rents often change according to the season
• The villa owner, not the renter, pays the agent commission
What Do You Get with an In Villas Veritas Rental?
Every rental is different.
• Daily maid and grounds service is standard
• A chef, butler, and concierge often come with In Villas Veritas properties
• Food and drink and nearly always extra (the few exceptions that are villas with all-inclusive pricing)
Where In Villas Veritas Properties Are Located
The company's villas are concentrated in all the vacation hot spots of France, Italy and the Caribbean.
• In Villas Veritas also has properties in England, Greece, Morocco, Mexico, and a few in the U.S.
What In Villas Veritas Properties Are Like
Villas from In Villas Veritas run the high-end gamut. They may be:
• Country manor houses, beach and cliff homes, Provençal farmhouses, French châteaux, apartment suites in London, Florence, and Rome
• Many villas have numerous bedrooms (one château has 19), making them suitable for family (and multi-family) vacations
• Other villas and city apartments are ideal for couples
All of In Villas Veritas's homes can be classed as "luxury." But some villas go above and beyond,
• High-end amenities include fully equipped gyms, heated lap pools, game rooms, screening rooms,
Vintage Charm of In Villas Veritas Properties
Most In Villas Veritas rental properties are vintage homes, and are full of character and charm.
• Some of the European properties are historic, with aristocratic interiors (and modern conveniences
• The Castello Castagneto, for example, is an 11th-century stone palace now in its 36th generation of ownership by the same noble Tuscan family
• Villa TreVille in Positano on Italy's Amalfi Coast, parts of which date back to the Roman Empire, now boasts15 bedrooms, 20 bathrooms, and an essential heli-pad. This estate was once owned by the late film director Franco Zeffirelli and has been rented by actor Russell Crowe for €350,000 per week
• A few of the properties are new, architect-designed affairs.
What In Villas Veritas Villas Have in Common
Company founder Laura Blair says that she handles only properties with:
• Highest levels of comfort, luxury, and technology
• Beauty in the home and in the grounds and landscaping
• Convenient location for local touring
• Ample space for family and friends to spread out and seek privacy
• Service to provide a relaxing stay
• No surprises, except of the overdelivering kind