Whether you're a beginner or an accomplished skater, Cleveland and Northeast Ohio have a number of excellent indoor and outdoor rinks. Find one that's near you.
- The Rink at Wade Oval - In front of the Cleveland Museum of Art at University Circle. This rink of synthetic ice is open on weekends from November 26 (2016) through March 5 (weather permitting) with evening hours on Wednesdays in December and special hours for holidays. Admission is $2 and skate rental is $3.
- Hamilton Ice Rink - Rocky River Recreation Center, 21018 Hilliard Rd., Rocky River; 440 356-5656. Open September through March, the rink hosts open skates, skating lessons, and birthday parties. It's also the home rink of the Rocky River High School hockey team.
- Kent State Ice Arena - 1 Loop Rd., Kent; 330 672-RINK; facilities include two rinks, a pro shop, and a snack bar.
- Lock 3 - Downtown Akron; The 10,000 square foot outdoor rink (the largest outdoor skating rink in Ohio) is open from Thanksgiving until Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Admission is free; skate rental is $3 (2016).
- Thornton Park Ice Arena - 20701 Farnsleigh Rd., Shaker Hts, 216 491-2587. The home ice of the Shaker Skating Club and the Shaker Heights High School hockey team, this rink is open year-round and offers open skates, skating lessons and rink rental.
- Mentor Civic Ice Arena - 8600 Munson Rd., Mentor; 440 974-5730; facilities include two regulation-size rinks, a studio rink, lockers, and a snack bar.
- Halloran Rink - 3550 W. 117th St., Cleveland 44111; 216 664-4187. Located at the Halloran Recreation Center on Cleveland's west side, this outdoor rink is open from October through April. There are frequent open skates.
- Serpentini Winterhurst - 14740 Lakewood Hts. Blvd., Lakewood 44107; 216 629-4400. Part of the Lakewood parks system, Serpentini Winterhurst is Northeast Ohio's premier ice-skating facility and one of the largest and most unique ice-skating centers in the United States. The rink, open year-round, hosts open skates, skating clubs and rink rental for parties.
- Hoover Arena - 15381 Royalton Rd, Strongsville, OH; 440 268-2800. This year-round rink features open skates, ice-skating and hockey programs and party rentals. Skate rental is available.
- Cleveland Heights Community Center - One Monticello Blvd., Cleveland Heights, OH; 216 691-7373. This facility has two ice rinks: the Olympic-sized North Rink is open year-round; the South Rink is open for six months, from September to March. The center open skating, figure skating and hockey lessons, party rentals and a skating club.
(Last updated 9-28-16)