After serving their country in the U.S. and Canadian Military, many travel and tourism companies offer substantial discounts to help service men and women find rest and relaxation, or just some plain fun with their families on a vacation.
There are many travel websites promising military discounts, but are they as efficient as a travel agent? Travel agents can access all sorts of travel packages with military discounts and compare that discount with other deals. Sometimes other discounts can be lower than the military offers, so checking more than one deal can be beneficial.
Here are some special rates travel agents can offer military customers in both United States and Canada. Tour companies, hotels and resorts, train companies, and attraction companies often offer military rates. Of course restrictions apply, so details will have to be looked at.
- Jet Blue. Allows active duty service personnel and their immediate family (spouses or children) to fly under JetBlue's military fares. Immediate family members may travel on a MIL fare independently as long as they are able to present proper identification. The MIL fare may be utilized for non-duty travel using personal expenses.
- American Airlines. Offers U.S. military and government fares between some cities on both American Airlines and American Eagle.
Additional information is available by calling 1-800-433-7300.
- Delta Vacations. An offer of $50 up to $200 discount price is offered with both tour companies, depending on the package price.
- Trafalgar Tours. Travel agents can ask for a five percent discount for military personnel on top of other discounts.
- Norwegian Cruise Line. A discount of up to 10% off is offered to veterans and active duty military on selected sailings.
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. Special military pricing is available and a description for eligible guests is listed on their web page.
- Disney Cruise Line. Select sailings are available for a military discount.
- Universal Parks. A variety of discounts are offered for military.
- Sea World San Diego. Military discounts are available at Sea World.
- Amtrak. Active duty military, spouses, and dependents all receive 10% off most Amtrak fares.
Hotels and Resorts
- Disneyland and Disney World Resorts. Up to 40% discount is offered for military on room rates.
- Squaw Valley USA. Free skiing was offered for military personnel during the 2010-2011 ski season. Look for more offers next ski season.
- Sandals Resorts. An additional 10% discount is offered beyond other discounted rates available for Caribbean vacations.
- Castle Resorts. For South Pacific hotel military discount reservations, try Castle Resorts.
- Outrigger Hotels and Resorts.
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts.
- Marriott Hotels and Resoirts.
- Choice Hotels.
With so many tour companies, hotels, trains, and theme parks offering military discounts, travel agents can still book military travel and earn commission as well. Military guests are rewarded with a professional arranging their travel to help insure a great vacation. Some research or knowledge is necessary to offer the best deals for military travel, but the deals are there to be found.