01 of 10
Love Home Swap for House Exchanges, Like this Caribbean Jewel
Trade Your Beautiful Home with Another for a Free Luxury Vacation
Who wants to spend money on hotels when you can swap your beautiful home for someone else's? That's what Love Home Swap helps luxury travelers to do.
• See why home exchanges, also called house swaps, are a global phenomenon
How Does Love Home Swap Work?
Love Home Swap is a marketplace for finding homes (and their homeowners) for swapping in home exchanges with. With Love Home Swap have your choice of over 80,000 homes in over 160 countries. You'll find beach homes, city penthouses, country estates, ski chalets, and more
• The swaps themselves are free; you just pay a monthly fee starting as low as $20
• You can arrange a swap directly with the other owner, or book through the site using your accrued bonus points
• Find out more and see the houses on lovehomeswap.com
Now for Some Vacation Fantasies Courtesy of Love Home Swap...
White-Washed Glamour on Chic Barbados in the Caribbean
• Secluded setting: Shaded by... mahogany trees, overlooking the Caribbean from 600 feet up in St James, the most exclusive neighborhood of Barbados
• Size: 5500 square feet with four bedrooms, four bathrooms, vast outdoor veranda
• Look: Airy, bright, white, with Tiffany-blue touches
• Vibe: Aristocratic "great house" with a modern sensibility
• Wow factors: Happy guest swappers rave about the house's décor, pool, stunning master suite, walkability to great restaurants
• Unique feature: to explain the house's picture-perfection: its stylish owners come from the worlds of publishing and fashion
• In love? More info, pictures hereContinue to 2 of 10 below.
02 of 10
Just What You Hoped For: Mediterranean Mansion in Miami
Miami: So Easy to Get to, So Much Latin Flavor
• Setting: Miami Beach, in-between South Beach nightlife and Bal Harbour shopping, and momentary walk to the sand
• Vibe: Sun-splashed Spanish-Mediterranean palazzo
• Size: Four bedrooms, six bathrooms (can sleep up to 12), private wings
• Toys: Chef's kitchen with Viking stove, kids' art studio, Apple TV
• Wow factor: Rooftop patio lounge with beach views
• Pool: Of course, with deck and shaded pergola with fans
• Wanna do the home-swap conga? Info on this Miami houseContinue to 3 of 10 below.
03 of 10
Aloha to Beachfront Perfection on Hawaii's Big Island
Gracious, Gorgeous Home Right on Hawaii's Kohala Coast
• Setting: Magnificent oceanfront property on the Big Island on the storied Kohala Coast, very near the famed Hapuna Beach
• Size: Six bedrooms (one a kids' cave), six bathrooms; sleeps up to 14 (come by private jet!)
• Style: Classic Hawaiian luxury meets Japanese modern
• Mood: The life aquatic: you feel the joy and tempo of the Pacific Ocean
• Fun feature: An in-house bar that seats seven
• Wow factors: Views! Mauna Kea mountain, and Mauna Loa volcano, whale-watching from the deck
• Selfie moment: It's a blazing sunset, and you're in the huge infinity pool that seems to blend into the endless ocean
• Dyin' to go Hawaiian? More details and pics hereContinue to 4 of 10 below.
04 of 10
L.A.'s Most-Wanted Location: The Hollywood Hills, with the Iconic View of L.A.
A Total Movie-Star Abode in Los Angeles
• Setting: The fragrant wooded hills above Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood, near Beverly Hills and the cool Melrose district
• Size: Four bedrooms, four bathrooms
• Look: This is the home of art collectors nd movie people who live the beautiful, healthy L.A. lifestyle (and it's true)
• Feeling: "Am I famous? I sure feel famous"
• Wow factors: Up-to-the-minute sound system throughout the house, for an environment that engages all your senses
• Pinch-me feature: Sipping your Californi wine on the deck amidst the bougainvillea and eucalpytus, watching the lights come on in La-La-Land
• See you on the red carpet? Further house facts and photosContinue to 5 of 10 below.
05 of 10
Your Stylish, Sky-High Aerie on the Treasure Isle of Manhattan
Here, You're 46 Floors High and Amidst the Dazzling NYC Skyline
• Setting: Near the tippy-top of a gleaming New York City tower on Manhattan's refined Upper East Side
• Size: Two bedrooms, two full bathrooms
• Look: Classic modern Manhattan designer nest, black, white, and glass
• Vibe: You're in the fast-beating heart of one of the world's greatest cities (any New Yorker will tell you the greatest)
• Wow factors: The OMG NYC views
• More than you hoped for: Unlimited access to the building's fitness center, pool, and roof deck
• Bragworthy: You couldn't be more central in New York unless you slept in Central Park
• Mad for Manhattan? Details and more pics hereContinue to 6 of 10 below.
06 of 10
Fiji, to Discover Why It's a Luxury Travel Trophy
An Ultimate Island Villa on the Exquisite Coral Coast of Fiji South Pacific
• Setting: A hilltop bure --indoor-outdoor home-- overlooking the sapphire South Pacific, under an hour from Nadi International Airport (a nonstop flight from LAX)
• Size: Three bedrooms, three bathrooms, set on seven amidst seven acres tropical gardens
• Look: Fijian elegance, with handcrafted furnishings and jungle flowers everywhere
• Vibe: Romance and privacy (the villa is composed of three pavilions connected by walkways)
• Wow factors: Just contemplating where you are, on some of the remotest islands on earth, home of tattooed Polynesian warriors and seafarers
• Unique feature: A Fijian cook will take over your chef's kitchen at your behest, concocting the most delicious curries you've ever tasted
• Love? Info and images hereContinue to 7 of 10 below.
07 of 10
Six-Bedroom Oceanfront on Thailand's Happening Phuket Island
Indoor-Outdoor Living Steps from Famous, Fun-Filled Phuket Beach
• Setting: Private-feeling beachfront, yet just a momentary walk to Phuket's cool shops and cafés
• Size: ready for your entourage: dix bedrooms, six full baths, private gym, plus a huge pool patio for lounging, dining, sunning, swimming...plus a viewing deck
• Look: Modern villa opening onto a pool and deck, like a Thai pavilion
• Vibe: Luxurious, yet casual and comfortable; and magical when the sun sets right before your eyes
• Brag about it: The villa was masterminded by the architect who designed Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai in Thailand
• Above-and-beyond perk: Butler, I'd like a lemongrass martini: the villa comes with a full staff of eight
• Sold? More info, pictures hereContinue to 8 of 10 below.
08 of 10
Even the Best Hotel in Vegas Can't Approach Your Own Domain
A Tuscan Villa Dubbed "Paradise Palazzo," Near the Las Vegas Strip
• Setting: A quiet neighborhood just south of the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, near McCarran Airport, shopping, and casino action
• Size: Five bedrooms, three baths, endless indoor-outdoor lounging and entertaining space
• Style: Aristocratic Tuscany, with just the right touch of Vegas showmanship
• Wow factors: Grand staircase leading to an over-the-top master suite with a vast bed, endless closets, and a Roman spa bathroom with Jacuzzi and steam shower
• You don't see this often: Backyard oasis that the house opens into, with infinity pool, lounging and dining areas, firepit, grills, topiary
• Sold? More info, pictures hereContinue to 9 of 10 below.
09 of 10
For Design Lovers Who Must Have Beachfront: San Diego
Modernist Masterpiece in a Perfect Little California Beach Town
• Setting: Right on Encinitas village's Moonlight Beach, a half hour north of San Diego
• Size: Six bedrooms (sleeps 14), six baths,), five parking spaces
• Style: Midcentury Modern lines, sparkling new decor with an elegant maritime theme
• Wow factors: Two living rooms with endless couches, two fully equipped patios right atop the beach
• You don't see this often: Most California beach homes are up on a bluff. This one is right at beach level, with the beach action just a few steps away (and we mean beach volleyball, playgrounds, cafés, bonfires, drum circles)
• Sold? More info, pictures hereContinue to 10 of 10 below.
10 of 10
You've Earned the Right to Go Barefoot: Brazilian Oceanfront Villa near Rio
Casually Elegant Beachfront Villa in Brazil's Dreamy Beach Town, Buzios
• Setting: On the beach in Buzios, one of Brazil's loveliest beach towns; take a bike to the charming town or drive to Rio de Janeiro for the day
• Size: Seven bedrooms, nine baths, endless indoor-outdoor lounging and entertaining space
• Look: A comfy, welcoming home that invites guests to live life, not worry about the furniture
• Style: Free spirits who grew up, made money, saw the world, bought beautiful things...but didn't want to leave the barefoot lifestyle behind
• Wow factors: A soaring vaulted ceiling handmade of local wood, and a backyard with jungly nooks and an open sea view
• Unique feature: You can walk a few steps down to a pristine rocky beach, and a few moments to a picture-perfect sugar-sand beach on either side
• Sold? More info and pictures