The Toronto Santa Claus Parade is the country's biggest parade, not to mention one of the world's longest running children's parades and draws half a million people to the city's sidewalks.
If you care to extend your stay beyond the two hours of the parade and stay in Toronto overnight, consider staying at one of the hotels along the parade route.
Unlike New York City's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, for example, few hotels in Toronto actually offer rooms from which guests can easily view the Santa Claus Parade; however, many hotels have special rates on the Saturday night before Sunday's parade with late check-out times available after the parade.
Even if you don't have a room with a view, which are of course especially marked up in price, hotels near the parade route offer the convenience of having a warm room - and toilet - close by.
You'll want to get started early on parade day. Though the start time isn't till 12:30 pm, people start staking out spots as early as 9 and 10 am.
Rooms with a view come at a premium, but rooms without a view are at regular, or even discounted, rates.
220 Bloor Street West
Phone: (416) 960-5200
Rooms with a view of the parade can not be guaranteed, but the hotel has prime viewing spots reserved along Yonge St. along with hot chocolate and photo with Santa.
1 King Street West
Phone: 416-548-8100, 1-866-470 KING (5464)
This central, updated hotel offers standard Hilton quality and service.
- Royal York is a Toronto landmark that used to tower over the city and today remains a standard of elegance.
- Soho Metropolitan Hotel is a centrally located boutique hotel.
- The Grand is a few blocks away from the Eaton Centre and offers fine accommodation at decent prices - you're just a tad away from the action.
- The Toronto Marriott Downtown is connected to the Toronto Eaton Centre and close to major Toronto theatres. It offers newly renovated suites, all with 32" flat screens.
- The Delta Chelsea Hotel Toronto is a good choice for families; it has family suites with bunk-beds and a "fun corner" with chalkboard and games and child-minding options in the hotel, especially during theatre performances.
- The Four Seasons offers it brand of luxury (albeit at times inconsistent) at this Yorkville location.