The Bottom Line
The Hotel Monaco is an award-winning boutique hotel with a great location offering a memorable place to stay in Washington, DC. The hotel is a National Historic Landmark and is located in the popular Penn Quarter neighborhood with easy access to most of the most popular tourist attractions in the nation's capital.
- The beautifully restored historic landmark provides a unique experience with its modern decor contrasting the building's historic features
- Great location, walking distance to many of the Washington DC's major attractions, including museums, restaurants, entertainment venues and historic sites.
- Staff is friendly and helpful
- Popular restaurant and bar on-site
- Fitness center is accessible 24 hours
- Public transportation is easily accessible, close to Gallery Place-Chinatown Metro Station
- Valet parking is offsite, so you have to wait for your car to be brought around.
- 700 F Street, NW. Washington, D. C.
- Valet Parking is $25/day
Guide Review - Hotel Monaco Review - Washington DC
The Hotel Monaco is an extraordinary, 184-room hotel located in the Penn Quarter neighborhood in heart of downtown Washington, DC. It is a Kimpton property and restoration of a national historic landmark, the original General Post Office Building which was originally built in 1839 by Robert Mills, the architect of the Washington Monument. The building takes up a whole city block. It faces the National Portrait Gallery and is located near the Verizon Center, the Washington Convention Center, Ford's Theatre, the International Spy Museum and Chinatown. The National Mall and Capitol Hill are slightly further away but still within walking distance.
From 1999 to 2002, the building was completely rehabilitated into the 183-room Hotel Monaco Washington DC. The decor is stylishly modern providing an interesting contrast to the exterior. The lobby is inviting with its bright colors and features several uniquely decorated spaces to lounge. Guest rooms are spacious, some with over 12 foot vaulted ceilings. In-room amenities include comfortable workspace, cordless phone, two line data ports and complimentary high-speed internet access.<br/>
The restaurant, Dirty Habit, offers globally-influenced seasonal cuisine includes such dishes as duck and foie gras meatballs, tempura calamari and guinea hen dumplings, which was inspired by an Eom family recipe. It is a popular venue for happy hour. The dining room maintains the modern motif, with high ceilings and mirrored walls. Outdoor seating in the courtyard is also available in warm weather. The hotel offers more than 5,000 square feet of office space for business meetings and social events. Weddings can accommodate up to 250 guests.
Based in San Francisco, Kimpton Hotels owns and operates several unique hotels in Washington DC: The George, The Donovan, Hotel Madera, Hotel Palomar, Hotel Rouge, The Carlyle, and Topaz Hotel.