Heading to Orlando during the holiday season? Universal Orlando Resort is celebrating the Christmas season with its annual Holidays at Universal Orlando From December 3, 2016, through January 1, 2017.
What happens during Holidays at Universal Orlando?
During the Christmas season, families can visit all the usual theme park attractions and rides, plus enjoy special holiday entertainment that is included with park-to-park admission to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.
As always, families that stay at one of Universal's on-site hotels receive benefits that include early admission to the theme parks an hour before the public opening and complimentary water taxis to theme parks and the CityWalk dining-and-entertainment area.
Highlights in 2016 include:
- The holiday season kicks off with the Macy’s Holiday Parade at Universal Studios Florida. This year, two all-new balloons will join to Universal Orlando’s parade: Turkey Balloonicle, a towering balloon with a self-powered vehicle, and Holiday Lights Balloon.
- Grinchmas comes to life throughout Seuss Landing at Universal’s Islands of Adventure. Families can enjoy a live retelling of Dr. Seuss’s classic holiday tale, “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular,” featuring the Whos from Who-ville, accompanied by an original musical score by Mannheim Steamroller. Guests can also meet The Grinch and the Whos and on select dates, enjoy a special character breakfast.
- The Macy’s Holiday Parade at Universal Studios Florida will fill the streets every evening with the same larger-than-life balloons seen in Macy’s famous Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. This year, look out for the Chloe The Clown “Balloonicle,” a new addition to the parade that combines a towering balloon with a self-powered vehicle that roams the streets of Universal Studios. Famiies can also enjoy colorful holiday characters, special floats and a tree-lighting ceremony by Santa Claus.
- Mannheim Steamroller will return to the Music Plaza stage in Universal Studios for a concert on select nights to perform their memorable holiday hits. Performance nights are Dec. 3, 4, 10, 11, 17 and 18.
- New Year’s Eve at Universal CityWalk is where to ring in the New Year. This evening event is geared for grown-ups and includes live entertainment and unique party zones—each with their own entertainment and signature drinks—along with six different clubs with live music, unlimited gourmet cuisine, and Orlando’s largest dance floor.
The celebration continues at Universal Orlando’s four on-site hotels, where guests can celebrate with holiday buffets and dining events, tree-lighting ceremonies, Hanukkah candle lightings, visits from Santa Claus, holiday poolside "dive-in" movies and family-friendly New Year’s Eve celebrations.
You'll also find holiday decor and music in the dining venues at Universal Citywalk.