What happens during Holidays at Disneyland
Both Disneyland Resort theme parks—Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure—are decked out with holiday decorations, particularly in Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Main Street, U.S.A. At Disneyland Park, Sleeping Beauty Castle is covered with snow-capped turrets, sparkling icicles and shimmering lights, make it extra special for the holidays.
All told, it takes an army of elves to bring Christmas sparkle to Disneyland.
Highlights of Holidays 2016 include:
- World of Color - Season of Light: this new nighttime spectacular immerses guests in the warmth of the holidays. Powerful fountains shoot water up to 200 feet high, creating massive water screens to take guests through a sparkling winter fantasy. The show combines classic holiday songs, humor and memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films to entertain the entire family.
- Festival of Holidays celebrates time-honored traditions and heartwarming experiences inspired by holiday festivals around the world. Guests at the Festival of Holidays will discover something fun around every corner – from delicious, internationally inspired food and beverages at 14 themed festival marketplaces to music, dance and diverse cultural holiday celebrations.
- Disney ¡Viva Navidad!: a festive celebration of Latino holiday traditions, storytelling, music, dance and foods taking place at Paradise Pier in Disney California Adventure Park.
- Christmas Fantasy Parade: a holiday procession happening every afternoon to Main Street U.S.A. in Disneyland Park. You'll see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and more, all dressed up in their most festive apparel. Anna, Elsa and Olaf give a warm winter welcome from their fantastic Frozen float, a host of Disney characters make an appearance and, of course, Santa rides high in his sleigh filled with presents.
- "Paint the Night” Parade: This luminescent Disneyland evening parade creates a river of color flowing down Main Street, U.S.A., with more than 1.5 million brilliant LED lights, special effects, music, and Disney characters.
- “Fantasy in the Sky” Fireworks Spectacular: This pyrotechnics show featuring original music surrounds guests with storytelling from timeless Disney tales,
- Jingle Cruise: a holiday version of Jungle Cruise in Adventureland at Disneyland Park.
- Haunted Mansion Holiday: Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas gives the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland Park a Christmas makeover designed to delight and fright even the foulest fiends.
- "it's a small world" holiday: a seasonal international celebration at "it's a small world" in Fantasyland at Disneyland Park featuring regional decorations and traditional holiday songs from around the world.
- Santa Claus Meet-and-Greet: This year kids can meet Santa in a new location in Disneyland's Critter Country, specially designed for him by Winnie the Pooh and his friends.