Looking for an affordable family getaway in the Caribbean? Consider a familiar value-oriented brand, Holiday Inn, which has three resorts and about a dozen hotel properties in the Caribbean. A chain well known to budget travelers, Holiday Inn offers a "Kids Eat and Stay Free" policy that lets children 19 and under stay free in a parent's room.
At some Caribbean properties, kids 12 and under eat free from the kid's menu in the hotel restaurant when accompanied by a dining adult.
It's important to know that there is a significant difference between Holiday Inn Resorts, which offer many activities and amenities, and Holiday Inn hotels, such as Holiday Inn Express properties, which are fairly basic and offer a swimming pool, standard rooms, and free WiFi and breakfast.
Holiday Inn Resorts in the Caribbean
There are three Holiday Inn Resort properties in the Caribbean that offer resort-style amenities and all-inclusive packages. They can essentially offer a well-priced alternative to an all-inclusive resort.
- Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay: This budget-friendly Holiday Inn Resort in Jamaica is very popular with families. It offers all-inclusive pricing, as well as a private beach, four restaurants, two swimming pools, a spa. and arcade. There is free Wi-Fi is available throughout. Activities include tennis, mini golf, windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling, basketball, and volleyball. There is a kids center with programming for children ages 6 months to 12 years old. Children 19 and under also stay free when in the same room as the parents, and kids 12 and under stay, play and eat free.
- Holiday Inn Resort Aruba: This large beachfront property on Aruba's Palm Beach was renovated in 2014. Kids ages 12 and under stay and eat free here, and the resort offers an all-inclusive package for families. Guest rooms sleep up to four people and feature flat-screen TVs, mini refrigerators, and complimentary wifi. There are three swimming pools, a recreation and sports court, and a complimentary children's program for kids ages 4 to 11. Other perks at this resort include on-site laundry facilities, a fitness center and the lack of a resort fee.
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman: The oceanfront Holiday Inn Resort on Grand Cayman features lush landscaping, a secluded beach, swimming pool and a location adjacent to the only 18-hole golf course on the island. All-suite accommodations feature separate sitting and sleeping areas, flatscreen TVs, full kitchens, and a washer/dryer. Activities include tennis, beach volleyball, and water sports including snorkeling and diving.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
There are also about a dozen Holiday Inn hotel properties in the Caribbean that offer more basic accommodations, often in downtown settings rather than on the beach. Among the best for families are:
- Holiday Inn Express San Juan Condido: This affordable hotel has a convenient location a few blocks from Condado Beach and near Old San Juan. The hotel features a swimming pool and fitness center. There are free breakfast and wi-fi.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Nassau: This budget hotel is located in downtown Nassau and features an outdoor pool and fitness center. There are free breakfast and wi-fi.
More Kid-Friendly Hotel Chains in the Caribbean
Families looking for more options in the Caribbean might also consider other kid-friendly all-inclusive chains, including:
- Beaches Resorts (properties in Jamaica and Turks & Caicos)
- Club Med (one property in the Dominican Republic)
- Divi Resorts (properties in Aruba. St. Maarten, and St. Croix)
- Azul Hotels (properties in Jamaica and the Dominican Republic)
- Iberostar Resorts (one property in the Dominican Republic)
- Grand Palladium Resorts (properties in Jamaica and the Dominican Republic)