Holiday markets are wonderful places to shop for unique gifts for the holidays. Mark your calendar for a variety of craft shows held each year in November and December in the Washington, D.C. area
Holiday Markets in Washington, D.C.
- Holiday Shops Presented by the Junior League of Washington - November 17-19, 2017. Renaissance Hotel, 999 Ninth Street NW. Washington, D.C. Annual holiday shopping event sponsored by the Junior League of Washington. More than 40 vendors gather at one spot to offer a variety of gift items while raising money for grants and volunteer efforts for local organizations.
- Downtown DC Holiday Market - November 24-December 23, 2017. Sidewalk on F Street between 7th and 9th in front of the National Portrait Gallery. Hours are noon-8 p.m. Enjoy a unique seasonal shopping marketplace in the Penn Quarter neighborhood of downtown Washington, D.C. Find gift items by more than 180 exhibitors and artisans including fine art, crafts, jewelry, pottery, photography, clothing, prepared food and more. A wide range of live, local musicians and bands will entertain shoppers. Jazz, swing, blues, reggae, bluegrass, klezmer, a cappella, brass and more create a fun, energetic atmosphere.
- Heurich House Museum Christkindlmarkt - December 1- 3, 2017. 1307 New Hampshire Ave NW Washington, D.C. Shop locally made goods from over 40 vendors at the outdoor holiday market and tour the seasonally decorated home of German brewer Christian Heurich. This is Dupont Circle's only holiday market and includes gift items such as jewelry, ceramics, chocolate, housewares, clothing and more. Seasonal refreshments available for purchase in the Castle Garden.
- Swedish Christmas Bazaar - December 2, 2017, 11 a.m-5 p.m. House of Sweden, 2900 K Street, NW, Washington, D.C. Located at the Georgetown waterfront. The annual event is sponsored by the Swedish Women's Educational Association and supported by the Embassy of Sweden. The bazaar will feature Swedish arts & crafts; crystal, textiles, artwork, books, decorations, and much more. Enjoy Swedish Christmas carols performed by the Santa Lucia Procession. The Café will offer home baked goods and Swedish sandwiches. Free admission.
Holiday Craft Shows in Maryland
- Montgomery Village Holiday Craft Bazaar - November 4, 2017. Lake Marion Community Center, 8821 East Village Avenue, Montgomery Village, MD. (301)948-0110. Hours are 9 a.m.-3 p.m. This annual event will host over 50 vendors from the Maryland area, featuring all handmade crafts including, holiday decorations, jewelry, clothing, glass, quilts and more. Admission is FREE.
- Maryland Christmas Show at the Frederick Fairgrounds - November 17-19, and November 24-26, 2017. 797 E Patrick St., Frederick, MD (301) 898-5466. Hours are Friday/Saturday 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Enjoy the works of 500 artists and craftsmen offering fine art, pottery, furniture, quilts, jewelry, clothing, wreaths and garlands, toys and Christmas ornaments. Admission: Adults: $7.00, Children (12 and under): $4.00, Parking: $1.00.
- Sugarloaf Craft Festivals - November 17-19, 2017. Montgomery County Fairgrounds, 16 Chestnut Street, Gaithersburg, MD. Hours are Thursday, Friday and Sunday 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.–7 p.m. Enjoy the crafts of 500 artists, including jewelry, wood, leather, clothing, sculpture, glass and more. Watch live entertainment and feast on a variety of foods. Admission: $7.00/adult, children 12 and under are free.
- Glen Echo Park Holiday Art Show & Sale - November 24, 2017-January 7, 2018. Popcorn Gallery at Glen Echo Park, 7300 MacArthur Boulevard, Glen Echo, MD. Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. The exhibition will feature works by resident artists and will include glass, ceramics, photography, painting, and more.
- First Sunday Arts Festival Holiday Edition - December 3, 2017. Open 11-4 p.m. Historic West Street, Annapolis, MD. The free arts and craft show features about 100 local and regional artists, plus live music, dance, street performers, food and more. West Street will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- Kris Kringle Christmas Market - December 8-10, 2017. Charles County Fairgrounds, 8440 Fairgrounds Road, La Plata, MD (301) 932-1234. Modeled after the famous markets in Germany, this two-day event offers lights, holiday food, crafts, shopping, music, and more. Open Friday, 4 – 9 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Admission: $1 or one non-perishable food item to benefit The Southern Maryland Food Bank.
Holiday Craft Shows in Northern Virginia
- South Run RECenter Arts and Crafts Show - November 4-5, 2017. 7550 Reservation Drive, Springfield, VA. The show features original handmade art and craft items, including jewelry, clothing and other textiles, woodworking, sculpture, pottery and ceramics, glass art, handweaving, photography, and more.
- Northern Virginia Christmas Market - November 10-12, 2017. Dulles Expo Center, 4368 Chantilly Shopping center, Chantilly, VA. (757) 417-7771. Hours are Friday, Saturday 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-5 p.m. This arts and crafts market features Christmas collectibles and thousands of home decorating ideas for the holidays. Admission $7/adult, children 12 and under are free.
- Fairfax Holiday Craft Show - November 18-19, 2017. Fairfax High School, 3500 Old Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA. Hours are Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Admission: $5, children under 18 are free. Enjoy handmade crafts including baskets, dolls, floral items, jewelry, paintings, photographs, pottery, clay, wood items and more.
- Vienna Arts & Crafts Show - November 24-26, 2017. Spring Hill ReCenter, 1239 Spring Hill Road, McLean, VA. Friday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. This show features more than 80 juried artisans offering original, handmade arts and crafts, including decorative painting, fused, etched, painted and stained glass, ceramics and pottery, hand-painted silk, woodworking handweaving, photography, and more.
- McLean Holiday Craft Show - 2017 Dates to Be Announced. McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Ave. McLean, VA. Hours are Friday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Enjoy a wide variety of arts & crafts and holiday music by local school groups. Admission is $5 for adults and free for children 12 and under.
- Alexandria’s Holiday Market - December 1-23, 2017. John Carlyle Square, 300 John Carlyle Street, Alexandria, VA. While shopping for unique art and craft items for loved ones, at this unique holiday market, visitors can enjoy live entertainment, traditional European food and sweets, wine and beer. Hours are 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Holiday Market at Del Ray Artisans - December 1-17, 2017. 2704 Mount Vernon Avenue, Alexandria, VA. (703) 501-1736. Open Weekends. Hours are Friday, 6-9 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. The Market offers unique handmade fine arts and crafts from 20 exhibitors including pottery/ceramics, photography, jewelry, cloth, paper crafts, and glass, beautiful poinsettias from West Landscapes LLC, and delicious Bake Sale items to benefit the local community.
- Leesburg Holiday Fine Arts and Craft Show - December 2-3, 2017. Ida Lee Park Recreation Center, 60 Ida Lee Dr. NW, Leesburg, VA. The show features over 90 local and regional artisans selling hand made items from candles, stained glass, carved wood, jewelry, leather products, table linens, and much more. Hours are Saturday 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Audrey Moore RECenter Annual Arts and Crafts Show - December 2-3, 2017. 8100 Braddock Road, Annandale, VA. (703) 321-7081. Hours are Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. This arts and crafts show features handmade arts and crafts nearly 100 of the area's finest artisans. Admission $2/adult, children 12 and under are free.
- Herndon Holiday Arts and Crafts Show - December 3, 2017. Herndon Community Center, 814 Ferndale Ave., Herndon, VA. A variety of handcrafted items and fine art will be on sale including wreaths, quilts, jewelry, Christmas ornaments, decorations, original artwork, photography, stained glass, and more.
- Sugarloaf Craft Festivals - December 8-10, 2017. Dulles Expo Center, Chantilly, VA. Hours are Thursday, Friday and Sunday 10 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m.–7 p.m. Enjoy the crafts of 500 artists, including jewelry, wood, leather, clothing, sculpture, glass and more. Watch live entertainment and feast on a variety of foods. Admission: $7.00/adult, children 12 and under are free.