Whether you ARE a rock star, or you just want to feel like one when you get dropped off on Rodeo Drive, or if you just want to make sure you get where you need to be on time, you can hire a car and driver to chauffeur you around Los Angeles. You can also hire a driver to drive your car if you are driving to town yourself. Most limousine or personal driver services have a three-hour minimum commitment.
Advantages to Hiring a Driver in Los Angeles
- Reduce Stress. Driving in Los Angeles can be stressful, especially if you don't know your way around, aren't used to driving in a big city, or are used to driving on the other side of the street. Letting someone else do the driving removes that particular stress from your vacation or business trip.
- Fit in More Fun. If you're driving, you have to spend a certain amount of time studying maps and routes and hunting for parking, walking to and from parking or waiting in long parking lines at some attractions. Having a driver frees up that time for actual entertainment. If you're landmark-hopping and not planning to spend a lot of time at each location, a driver can drop you in front of the Chinese Theatre to take your photo with famous handprints and wait or pick you up in 10 minutes.
- Get There Faster. Professional LA drivers usually know the short cuts or faster alternatives to reduce time in traffic. Unlike a taxi, which may have an incentive to keep you in the car longer, there's no incentive for a limo driver you've booked for the day to keep you in the car longer than necessary. Of course, drivers tend to be more familiar with certain areas than others (especially rine-share drivers), so even professional drivers can make a wrong turn when going to areas they don't know, despite GPS.
- Make Traffic Time Work Time. If you're in LA for work, having a driver lets you use traffic time to catch up on emails and calls, or even a nap without the risk of a fender-bender.
- Prevent DUI and Other Tickets. If you're in town to party, it eliminates the risk of DUI, allows you to easily club-hop without looking for and paying for parking at each venue, and split between a group of friends can actually be a bargain. It also prevents you from getting other driving and parking tickets resulting with being unfamiliar with LA driving laws and parking restrictions.
6 WAYS TO HIRE A DRIVER IN LA.
1. Hire a Driver for Your Rental
2. Hire a Driver to Drive Your Own Car
The Avis program uses chauffeurs from the WeDriveU program, but you can also hire a professional driver directly through WeDriveU.com to drive your car if you don't want to navigate LA traffic or want to have a designated driver so you can feel free to party your way through town.
3. Hire a Chauffeured Limousine
There are dozens of car services in the Los Angeles area that you can use just for your airport transportation, or to have at your disposal for your entire trip. Limos come in all shapes and sizes from luxury town cars to stretch SUVs. On Limos.com you can compare rates and book limousine services from several different limo services in Los Angeles.
Drive4Me Personal Driving Service in Orange County can provide chauffer-driven limousines or luxury cars or provide a professional driver to drive you in your own car.
4. Hire a Chauffeured Electric Tesla
For the environmentally conscious, Motev is a company founded by Morgan Freeman's longtime driver - with the actor's backing - that will send a chauffeur-driven electric Tesla to drive you around LA.
Drivers are required to have Class B commercial driver's license, and pass CPR and security guard tests. Executive protection from Aecon Global Security is available as an add-on.
5. Let Your Hotel Book Your Car
Los Angeles luxury hotels often have arrangements with specific car services and can make the arrangements for you through their concierge desk. Skip the hassle of trying to figure out which company to use and call the concierge before your stay to have them make arrangements to have the car meet you at the airport. Don't forget to tip the concierge.
6. Use a Ride-Share App
Beyond official car services, you can now get a private individual to drive you around in their car using smartphone apps like Uber, Lyft and Sidecar. Learn more about using Rideshare Apps in Los Angeles.