SE Hawthorne Boulevard is located in SE Portland. It’s south of Belmont Street and north of Divison Street. The most concentrated commercial area along SE Hawthorne is between 34th – 38th Streets but there’s plenty to see in other parts of the street, too.
Best Known For
- It's laid-back culture. People like to say it’s Portland’s version of Haight Street, but it’s getting more and more sophisticated every year.
- The Bagdad Theater, a Portland landmark restored by the McMenamin Brothers.
- Funky coffee shops, locally-owned restaurants and boutiques, and great used clothing stores.
- Casual restaurants and brewpubs.
- From downtown, take the Hawthorne Bridge.
- From I-5, get off at exit 300B (the OMSI exit).
- Stay left at the fork on the exit ramp.
- Head straight onto Belmont St. Take Belmont to 11th Ave, and turn right.
- Follow 11th until you reach Hawthorne Blvd. and turn left.
By bus, take #14 from downtown to Hawthorne.
- Zip code: 97214
- Nearest post office: 1020 SE 7th Avenue
- Daily Grind at SE 40th/Hawthorne
- Fred Meyer at SE 39th/Hawthorne
- Safeway at SE 28th/Hawthorne
- Safeway at SE 28th/Hawthorne Fred Meyer at SE 39th/Hawthorne
- Elementary schools: Abernathy Elementary School and Glencoe Elementary School
- Middle school: Hosford Middle School and Mt. Tabor Middle School
- High schools: Cleveland High School and Franklin High School
- Red Light, 3590 SE Hawthorne Blvd: The Disneyland of used clothing and accessories for men and women.
- Presents of Mind, 3633 SE Hawthorne Blvd: Cool cards, jewelry, and gifts galore.
- Imelda’s and Louie’s Shoes, 3426 SE Hawthorne Blvd: Beautiful shoes and bags for the style-conscious.
- Powell's Bookstore for Cooks and Gardeners, 3747 SE Hawthorne Blvd: The cookbook section at the downtown Powell's store is huge, but there's nothing like shopping in a store that specializes in your hobbies of choice.
- Apizza Scholls, 4741 SE Hawthorne Blvd: The best thin-crust pizza in the city.
- Mio Sushi, 3962 Hawthorne Blvd: Fresh fish in a friendly, upscale setting.
- 3 Doors Down, 1429 SE 37th Ave: Innovative Italian cuisine and great service.
- Bridgeport Ale House, 3632 SE Hawthorne Blvd: Surprisingly good pub menu and delicious beers.