90 miles south of Miami, Hawks Cay is in the Florida Keys, on Duck Key between Islamorada and Marathon, 8 miles from the Marathon Airport. Driving time from Miami is about 2-1/2 hours; Key West is about 1-1/2 hours away.
Duck Key has five islands, whose "sparkling grand canals are traversed by ornate Venetian bridges". Guests stay in villas or in a large inn. Villas have washer/dryer, kitchen, and other conveniences.
Features at Hawks Cay
- one of the few places in Florida where you can snorkel on a coral reef: boat trips to great spots are available.
- lagoon where kids can snorkel on-site
- multiple pools, one with pirate ship play zone and water cannons; adult "tranquility pool", too
- on-site dolphin experiences
- kids' programs, teen camp
- playground with swings, bike rentals, mini-golf
- volleyball, tennis, basketball
- sailing, sailing school, boating, fishing excursions
Keep in Mind about Hawks Cay
- you may pay extra charges such as daily resort fees, activity fees, automatic gratuities
- meals can be expensive, tips added automatically
- there is nearby dining off-property if you have a car
- check for packages: you may find good villa rates
- Duck Key isn't the place for beach-lovers: no real beach
- it's good to be aware of issues about dolphins in captivity
Find Out More about Hawks Cay
- visit the Hawks Cay site to find Packages and property details
- read visitors' comments at TripAdvisor
- check prices at Kayak.com
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person.
* Always check resort sites for updates.