Halloween conjures up images of scary jack-o'-lanterns, cool costumes, trick-or-treating, and bags loaded with candy. But there's nothing that (literally) screams Halloween more than haunted houses. If you love that adrenalin rush, you have lots of opportunities to get it in the Little Rock area. Just be sure you're ready to have your socks scared right off of you. Here's what's happening for Halloween 2018.
Scary Spots to Haunt Your Halloween
If you want to scare up a little more fun on the biggest fright night of the year, check out one or more of these haunted houses if you're in Little Rock for All Hallow's Eve. And for an extra special treat, spend the entire night in an inn that is rumored to be haunted. For real.
- Haunted Hotel: You'll get freaked out just looking at the Facebook page for this super-scary haunted hotel in Little Rock. Check it out if you dare (and check out the website close to Halloween night for date and time specifics).
- The Reaper Haunted House: This is a maze-type haunted house with more than 15,000 square feet of horror with 30 scenes that include live actors. It's not really kid-friendly, but it's also not over-the-top. If you have older kids, they will probably be OK. It's on every night from Oct. 18 through 31 and weekend nights from Sept. 28 to Oct. 13 in 2018.
- Creepy Works Haunted House of Conway: This haunted house in Conway, about 32 miles from Little Rock, has a mixture of actors, animatronics, and scenery. It's one of the best in Arkansas, especially for the price. You'll get a lot of fright for a little green. It's open weekends in October and every day close to Halloween. Check the website for exact dates and times for 2018.
- Fear Factory 501: Fear Factory 501 is in Jacksonville, about 17 miles north of Little Rock. It's open every night close to Halloween, and it's having an extra-special bash on Halloween night. Check the website for specific dates and times for 2018. Its 3-D attractions, monsters, haunted house, and torture room might be too much for some. But if you want to be terrified, this one's for you.
- Haunted Cathedral: Ghouls, zombies, and monsters stalk the corridors of the Haunted Cathedral in downtown Little Rock every year for two weeks leading up to Halloween in one of Arkansas' most scary Halloween happenings. Check the website in October for dates and times for 2018.
- Empress of Little Rock: The Empress of Little Rock is a bed-and-breakfast housed in the former Hornibrook Mansion. That mansion is legendary for rumors that it's haunted. Booking a stay on an October weekend is one of the best times to visit. Each Friday night in October, Haunted Tours of Little Rock offers tours of the inn. You can draw your own conclusions about whether it is haunted based on what you see and hear.