Every fall, Disney Cruise Line gets in the Halloween spirit with special cruises that celebrate Halloween on the High Seas. Although the cruise itineraries vary slightly from year to year, you'll find Halloween festivities between September and October on all Disney ships and itineraries from the Caribbean to Canada.
Families sailing in the fall will be treated to a wickedly good time as the Disney ships host frightfully fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants, themed parties on deck, and even a Pumpkin Tree that magically transforms throughout the cruise. To browse itineraries, you can go to the Disney Cruise Line website and filter by departure city and cruise length.
Special Halloween Happenings on the Cruises
The celebration features Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment, and elaborate décor, including The Pumpkin Tree.
- Your favorite Disney characters dressed in Halloween costumes will be out and about, with plenty of photo ops during the cruise.
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party is a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of trick-or-treating. Beloved Disney characters wearing their Halloween costumes join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
- The Pumpkin Tree, based on a Ray Bradbury story, is unique to each ship and plays a featured role in the holiday festivities.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream is a movie sing-along experience where guests are part of the action, followed by an appearance from the movie's main characters, Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea, is where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true—or not so true—tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- The Creepy Cabaret is a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
- During Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for the adults-only costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes, and “Spooky Juice.”
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of the ship announcements.
2019 Halloween on the High Seas Sailings
Disney's Halloween-themed cruises offer dates, destinations, and cruise lengths to satisfy any sailor.
- From Port Canaveral: 3- or 4-night cruises to the Bahamas on the Disney Dream (September 25 through October 27, 2019) or a 7-night cruise throughout the Caribbean on the Disney Fantasy (September 7 through October 27, 2019).
- From San Diego: 2-, 4-, 5-, or 7-night cruises to Mexico on the Disney Wonder (October 4 through October 27, 2019).
- From New York City: 5- or 7-night cruises to Bermuda or Canada on the Disney Magic (September 25 through October 27, 2019).
2020 Halloween on the High Seas Sailings
Plan ahead with the following dates, destinations, and cruise lengths Disney's Halloween cruises in 2020.
- From Port Canaveral: 3 or 4-night cruises to the Bahamas on the Disney Fantasy (September 7 through October 30, 2020) or Disney Dream (October 2 through October 5, 2020).
- From San Diego: 2-,4-,5-, or 7-Night cruises to Mexico on the Disney Wonder (September 23 through October 28, 2020).
- From New York City: 5-night cruises to Bermuda or Canada on the Disney Magic (October 12 through October 27, 2020)