Once again, Halloween on the High Seas is taking place on most voyages aboard all four Disney Cruise Line ships in September through October in 2016. Last year, the Halloween cruises aboard the Disney Dream were so popular that this year Disney is bringing the festivities to the Disney Fantasy, Disney Wonder and Disney Magic, too. All four ships are sailing Caribbean itineraries during the fall season with stops at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island.
Families sailing this fall will be treated to a wickedly good time as the Disney ships host frightfully fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants and themed parties on deck, and even a Pumpkin Tree that magically transforms throughout the cruise.
Which 2016 Disney cruises will feature Halloween on the High Seas?
- The Disney Magic sails four and five-night Bahamian and Caribbean cruises departing Oct. 4 to Oct. 28
- The Disney Wonder sails a variety of cruises departing Oct. 1 to Oct. 23
- The Disney Dream sails three- and four-night Bahamian cruises departing Sept. 7 to Oct. 30
- The Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises departing Sept. 5 to Oct. 31
What special Halloween happenings will take place on the cruise?
The celebration features Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor, including The Pumpkin Tree, which magically transforms throughout the cruise.
- Your favorite Disney characters dressed in Halloween costumes, with plenty of photo ops during the cruise.
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of trick-or-treating. Beloved Disney characters wearing their Halloween costumes join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
- The Pumpkin Tree, based on a Ray Bradbury story, is unique to each ship and plays a featured role in the holiday festivities.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea, where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true—or not so true—tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- Creepy Cabaret, a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
- Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
- Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Spooky Juice.”
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of the ship announcements
Want to see more? Here's a video from Disney Cruise Line.
Stay up to date on the latest family vacations getaway ideas, travel tips, and deals. Sign up for my free family vacations newsletter today!