Every fall, Disney Cruise Line gets in the Halloween spirit with special cruises that celebrate Halloween on the High Seas. Although the cruise itineraries vary slightly from year to year, you'll find halloween festivities between September and October on all Disney ships and itineraries from the Caribbean to Canada.
Families sailing in the fall will be treated to a wickedly good time as the Disney ships host frightfully fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants, themed parties on deck, and even a Pumpkin Tree that magically transforms throughout the cruise. To browse itineraries, you can go to the Disney Cruise Line website and filter by departure city and cruise length.
Special Halloween Happenings That Will Take Place on the Cruise
The celebration features Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment, and elaborate décor, including The Pumpkin Tree, which magically transforms throughout the cruise.
- Your favorite Disney characters dressed in Halloween costumes will be out and about, with plenty of photo ops during the cruise.
- Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party is a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and lots of trick-or-treating. Beloved Disney characters wearing their Halloween costumes join guests for this fun-filled costume party.
- The Pumpkin Tree, based on a Ray Bradbury story, is unique to each ship and plays a featured role in the holiday festivities.
- A Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream is an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
- Haunted Stories of the Sea, is where the bravest cruisers gather under the stars to hear some true—or not so true—tales of the sea told by a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
- The Creepy Cabaret is a party in the atrium featuring favorite Halloween-themed music performed live by a band of ghostly musicians.
- During Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids, the nighttime entertainment district on each Disney ship becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor.
- Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes, and “Spooky Juice.”
- More spooky fun includes mask-making and a ghostly takeover of the ship announcements.