One of the most entertaining aspects of Halloween is — entertaining! Your (adult) guests and family will enjoy and appreciate these fun recipes celebrating the spooky and ghoulish. Of course, drink responsibly and don't let your guests drink and drive.
Note: Some of these restaurants may have closed at some point after they shared the recipes. All recipes were reprinted here with permission.
More Ways to Enjoy Halloween in Greater Phoenix
This recipe for a Zombie Cocktail looks enticing, but you might not have all the ingredients on hand that this mixologist specifies for the perfect Zombie. No worries. If it is Halloween season, you can ask for a Zombie Cocktail at The Hermosa Inn in Paradise Valley and sip on it while you take a ghost tour of this highly acclaimed boutique resort in Paradise Valley, AZ.
This recipe makes two cocktails.
- 1.5 oz Smith and Cross Rum
- 1.5 oz Matuselam rum
- 1 oz El Dorado 8 year
- .5 oz Orange Liqueur
- .5 oz Velvet Falernum
- .5 oz Don’s mix
- .5 oz lime juice
- 1 bar spoon grenadine
- 18 drops Don’s bitters
- 6 oz (3/4 cup) ice
- Blend with ice for 5 secs.
- Pour into two Collins glasses. Add additional ice, if necessary.
- Garnish with mint sprig, grated nutmeg and grapefruit peel.
Blood Orange Draculada
This recipe for a spooky adult beverage called the Blood Orange Draculada is perfect for Halloween, and was conjured up by the mixologists at W Scottsdale. It yields one cocktail.
- 1.5 oz Skyy Blood Orange vodka
- 0.5 oz Fat Tuesday piña colada mix
- 0.5 oz fresh orange juice
- 0.25 oz strawberry purée
- 0.5 oz float Meyers dark rum
- Orange slice for garnish
1. Pour the Skyy Blood Orange vodka, piña colada mix, and fresh OJ in a blender and fill with approximately one cup of ice.
2. Blend until desired consistency: when you are able to stick a straw in mixture without the straw falling over.
3. Pour the strawberry purée into the bottom of glass that is going to be used for cocktail.
4. Pour blended mixture right into the bottom-center of the glass. This causes the strawberry purée to swirl around the sides of glass.
5. To complete, float Myers dark rum on top.
6. Garnish with orange slice.
Spirits of the Dark Cocktail
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1.5 oz citrus vodka
- citrus sugar
- Rim the glass with citrus sugar (zest orange into sugar and mix thoroughly).
- Fill bottom of glass with blackberry syrup (mash a pint of blackberries with a cup of sugar and add a cup of boiling hot water, let steep for five minutes, do not strain).
- Shake and strain over blackberry syrup, OJ and citrus vodka.
- For spooky cloud topping, shake vigorously one egg white and spoon out cloud, top with moon shaped lime
Zombie Concoctions at The Plaza Bar
Corpse Reviver #2 (left in photo)
- ¾ oz. gin
- ¾ oz.Cointreau
- ¾ oz. Lillet Blanc
- ¾ oz. lime juice.
- Combine all ingredients and shake well.
- Double strain in to a martini glass that has an absinthe rinse.
- Garnish with a lemon peel.
Creepy Nights (right in photo)
- 1 ½ oz. bourbon
- ¾ oz. lemon juice
- ¾ oz. of red wine
- ½ oz. of simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients except red wine and shake well.
- Strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice and pour red wine to float on top.
Curry Bloody Mary
A Curry Bloody Mary from District American Kitchen and Wine Bar in downtown Phoenix will arouse your senses with curry, a spicy and earthy herb that warms and stimulates your taste buds. District American Kitchen & Wine Bar obtains the curry plants from Singh Farms in Scottsdale. They thrive in the hotel's rooftop garden. Yield: one cocktail.
- 1.5 oz Tito Vodka
- 6 oz Bloody Mary Mix
- two sprigs of curry
- green olives
1. Pour vodka into a shaker
2. Add Bloody Mary Mix to the shaker
3. Add one sprig of curry and shake
4. Strain into glass
5. Garnish with green olives, lime, pepper and a new, fresh curry sprig
This recipe for a spooky adult beverage called The Cauldron is perfect for Halloween, and is presented by Spotted Donkey Cantina at el Pedregal in Scottsdale, AZ. It makes one cocktail.
- 3 oz of 3 Olives Purple Vodka
- 1 oz Soda Water
- Cranberry/Lime Globule
- Dry Ice Chip
- 1 Gummy Worm
- Mix vodka, soda water, cranberry/lime globule in a martini shaker.
- Shake vigorously and serve up in a martini glass.
- Add dry ice chip to bottom of cocktail for smoky affect.
- Garnish with gummy worm.
Berries and Bubbles
The Berries and Bubbles cocktail is shared compliments of Ocean Prime in North Phoenix. Spooky and classically playful, the supper club’s Halloween libation is handcrafted by the restaurant’s expert bar chefs. Created with Belvedere citrus vodka, marinated blackberries, housemade sour and Domaine Chandon brut, this concoction is as delicious as it is fun. Yield: one cocktail.
- 1¼ oz. Belvedere Citrus
- ¾ oz. Crème de Cassis
- 1½ oz. home made sour
- 1 oz. Domaine Chandon Brut
1. Combine Belvedere Citrus, Crème de Cassis and sour in mixing tin
2. Add ice, shake vigorously and strain into chilled martini glass containing a spoonful of marinated blackberries and a piece of dry ice
3. Finish cocktail with Domaine Chandon Brut float.