Kings Dominion offers a variety of Halloween events - the Halloween Haunt with scary nighttime entertainment and the Great Pumpkin Halloween event providing daytime Halloween fun for younger kids. The Virginia amusement park brings the season to life with ten mazes, six scare zones, more than 20 thrill rides and more monsters and creepers than ever before. Halloween family-favorite activities include a hay maze, pumpkin painting, the chance to get behind the wheel of a pedal tractor, live entertainment and more. Saturday is the busiest day, so Friday night or all day Sunday are the best days to visit.
Kings Dominion is located at 6000 Theme Park Way, Doswell, VA. It is at Exit 98 on Interstate 95, 20 miles north of Richmond and 75 miles south of Washington, DC.
For tickets and general information, see A Visitors Guide to Kings Dominion.
2017 Halloween Attraction Highlights
- Trick-or- Treat - This clan of distraught witches were given a new start in this very special halfway house for wayward souls. The residents have worked to make their new home a welcoming place for their next victims. It’s time to find out if a treat is in your future or if it’s all just an evil trick.
- Blackout - The things that go bump in the night are waiting for you in this darkness filled realm of nightmares. Will anyone be there to hear you scream? What you can’t see might hurt you…and in this case it will!
- The Bone Collectors - Get a taste of the French Quarter with our New Orleans-inspired brass band. The Bone Collectors are leading our last rites in this unique ceremony for the newly departed.
- The Overlord’s Resurrection - The Overlord is back and spookier than ever in this new rendition of his resurrection that is sure to send shivers down your spine! Each evening as the clock strikes 7:00, he will summon his minions from the shadows and unleash them into the night to terrorize the most unsuspecting guests.
- The Great Pumpkin Fest - For the younger crowd, enjoy the daytime Halloween event including surprises hiding around every corner, from a petting zoo to a pumpkin painting patch.
Halloween Dates and Hours
- Halloween Haunt - September 23 - October 29, 2017. Fridays, 7 p.m.-Midnight, Saturdays 10:30 a.m.-Midnight, and Sundays 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Great Pumpkin Fest - September 23 - October 29, 2017, Saturdays and Sundays, 12-5 p.m.
To learn more about attractions in the area, see A Visitors Guide to Richmond.
See the following photos and get a glimpse of Halloween at Kings Dominion.
Skeletons and Pumpkinheads
Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion is one of the area's top haunted attractions with a spooky cast of characters. Are you frightened of the monster that lurks under your bed? Do you ever have the feeling that a boogie man is hiding in the closet? Visit Kings Dominion during the Halloween season and you will be sure to experience a frighteningly fun time.
Halloween Haunt activities include nine haunted mazes – each guaranteed to cause chills and fears of being alone at night.
Planet Snoopy at Halloween
During the Halloween season, guests enjoy family friendly activities during daytime hours at the Great Pumpkin Fest including a hay maze, pumpkin painting, the chance to get behind the wheel of a pedal tractor, live entertainment and more. Kids especially enjoy visiting with Peanuts characters.
Visitors enjoy the rides at Kings Dominion as they are decked out for the Halloween season. Select rides are open depending on weather conditions.
Trick or Treat
Kings Dominion puts together a creative program each Halloween season to attract a wide range of visitores. It’s always Halloween on Hemlock Lane. The story picks up where the Fairy Tales ended - this clan of distraught witches were given a new start in this very special halfway house for wayward souls.
Monsters descend upon the park each night of Haunt at 7 p.m. during the Overlord’s Resurrection as he calls forth all of his minions and sends them out into the night. It is fun to visit Kings Dominion during the Halloween season to check out the spooky cast of characters.
More About Halloween
- Best Halloween Events in Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Best Haunted Houses and Trails Near Washington DC
- Halloween at the White House
- Halloween Costume Parties in Washington DC for Adults
- Pumpkin Patches in Maryland and Virginia