The H Street Festival is an annual street festival designed to showcase the unique qualities of this vibrant Washington, DC community. The event is a part of the revitalization strategy to bring attention to the developing arts and entertainment district spanning 10 blocks of H Street NE. This year's festival is bigger and better than ever featuring more than 500 artists and performances on 14 stages plus an array of local, regional and international cuisine, shopping, arts exhibits, educational events, seminars and conversations with local entrepreneurs, artists and community organizations.
The Anthology Apartments (625 H Street NE) will also open up their first floor as a live indoor music venue for those who want to relax and escape the heat.
Date and Time: September 16, 2017, Noon until 7 p.m.
Festival Location and Transportation
H Street, between 4th & 14th Streets, NE. Washington, DC.
The closest Metro stations are Union Station and New York Avenue. Expanded service will be available on the H Street Shuttle from Chinatown and Eastern Market. Bike Valet will be provided by WABA.
H Street Festival Highlights
- Karaoke Stage – Those who are brave enough to become one of the Festival’s performers themselves are encouraged to come ready to sing! (9th & H Sts.)
- A Getaway House Experience - Getaway builds tiny houses in the woods just outside the city where visitors can recharge in nature. They will be bringing one of their houses for attendees to explore and having some free giveaways.
- Kids Zone – The festival will have a special “kids’ zone”, featuring author Tom Noll who will read from his popular children’s books about recycling creatively. There will also be arts and crafts, face painting and other family-friendly activities. (7th St.)
- Fashion Stage – This year’s Fashion Stage will be our biggest yet in size and shows. (12th & H Sts.)
- Marching Band Parade – Some of the District’s best marching bands will treat visitors to a parade down the festival route at 2 p.m.
- Cosplay Costume Context – Join us on the Fashion Stage from 2 – 3 p.m. for a cosplay contest, where people will be decked out in their best costumes!
- Dance Around the World Stage – Throughout the day, performers specializing in Flamenco, Hawaiian, African and many other cultural dance styles will be featured.
The H Street Festival is organized by H Street Main Street, an organization that works with private and local partners to encourage and support small business growth and revitalization along the H Street NE Corridor. For more information, visit hstreet.org