The heart of what was once the seat of royal power in Paris, the 1st arrondissement retains an atmosphere of elegance and regality.
Main Sights and Attractions in the 1st Arrondissement:
- Musée du Louvre (Louvre Museum)
- Tuileries Gardens
- Jeu de Paume-National Galleries
- Musee des Arts Decoratifs (Decorative Arts Museum)
- Musee de l'Orangerie
- Palais Royal (former seat of royal power)
- La Comédie Française (classic Paris theater where French playwright Molière once performed)
- Place Vendôme
- Forum des Halles (monstrous shopping center and district) and the Les Halles/Beaubourg neighborhood
- Eglise Saint-Eustache
- Chatelet and the Saint-Jacques Tower
- Ile de la Cite (natural island on the Seine)
- Sainte-Chapelle chapel and the Conciergerie (former Revolutionary prison)
- Pont Neuf Bridge (oldest bridge in Paris)
See Map of the 1st Arrondissement: View map here
Thanks for letting us know!
Tell us why!