Paris' 12th arrondissement (district) is a somewhat lesser-known part of the city that notably houses historic train station Gare de Lyon and the Bois de Vincennes, an enormous park known as Paris' "lungs".
Main Sights and Attractions in the 12th Arrondissement
- Place de la Bastille (shared with the 4th and 11th arrondissements)
- Opera Bastille (Opera National de Paris)
- Faubourg Saint-Antoine district
- Promenade plantée (gardens and walkway built on the site of a defunct above-ground railway)
- Viaduc des arts
- Bois de Vincennes (enormous park, often referred to as "Paris's lungs"
- Picpus Cemetery
- Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy (stadium and concert hall)
- Parc de Bercy
- Bercy Village (a decidedly modern outdoor shopping "village", which was built using former wine warehouses)
To get more context of the layout, consult the map of the 12th Arrondissement.
Also read this complete guide to the charming area around Gare de Lyon and Bercy for a more in-depth summary of what to see and do in and around the 12th.