There’s nothing quite like fresh produce from a farmer’s market, something there is an abundance of in Massachusetts. According to the Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets, about 195 markets opened for business this year, including a good number in the Boston area.
Many of these markets open early in the summer and run through October or November. Here is a list of those closest to Boston, with hours and parking information (where applicable).
For more information including vendors and products available at each location, visit the Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets’ website.
- Allston Farmers Market
- Parking Lot at North Harvard St. and Western Ave.
Friday, 3-7 p.m., June 19-Oct. 30
- Ashmont/Peabody Square Farmers Market
- 1943 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester
Friday, 3-7, June 10-Oct. 30
- Boston University Farmers Market
- Boston University George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Ave.
Thursdays, 12-5 p.m. Aug. 12-Oct.14
- Boston City Hall Plaza Farmers Market
- City Hall Plaza along Cambridge St.
Monday and Wednesday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 27-Nov. 25
- Boston Copley Square Farmers Market
- St. James Ave. and Dartmouth St.
Tuesday and Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 19-Nov. 24
- Boston Medical Center
- Menino Pavillion at BMC Lobby
Friday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., July 17-Oct. 2
- Boston Public Market- South Station/Dewey Square
- Across from South Station
Tuesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m., May 28-Oct. 29
- Boston South End/ SOWA Open Market/ Farmers Market
- SOWA Open Market at 540 Harrison Ave.
Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., May 16-Oct. 25
- Boston/DWG Ventures Prudential Center Farmers Market
- 800 Boylston St.
Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 21-Oct. 29
- Brookline Farmers Market
- Coolidge Corner
Thursday, 1:30-8 p.m., June 18-Oct. 29
- Cambridge/ Central Square Farmers Market
- Parking Lot No. 5, Bishop Allen Dr. and Norfolk St.
Monday, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m., June 1-Nov. 23
- Cambridge/ Charles Square Farmers Market
- Charles Hotel Courtyard, 1 Bennett St. in Harvard Square
Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., May 24-Nov. 22
- Cambridge/ Harvard University Farmers Market
- Intersection of Oxford and Kirkland Streets
Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., June 4-Sept. 10
- Cambridge/ Kendall Square Farmers Market
- 500 Kendall St.
Thursday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., June 4-Sept. 10
- Charlestown Farmers Market
- Thompson Square at Austin and Main Streets
Wednesday, 2-7 p.m., July 15-Oct. 9
- Chelsea Farmers Market
- Chelsea Square
Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., July 25-Oct. 31
- Dorchester House Farmers Market
- 1353 Dorchester Ave.
Tuesday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Dorchester/Bowdoin Square Farmers Market
- Bowdoin Street Health Center, Dorchester
Thursday, 3-7 p.m., July 9-Oct. 9
- Dorchester/Codman Square Farmers Market
- Codman Square Health Center, 367 Washington St.
Thursday, 1-6 p.m., June 25-Nov. 19
- Dorchester/Fields Corner Farmers Market
- Park Street Shopping Center parking
Saturday, 9 a.m.-Noon, July 12-Oct. 24
- Dorchester/Franklin Park Community Farmers Market
- Franklin Park Road
Sunday, 1-4 p.m., Aug. 2-Oct. 25
- Dudley Square Farmers Market
- Central Square at Meridian, Bennington and Border Streets
Thursday, 3-6:30 p.m., July 16-Oct. 1
- Everett Farmers Market
- Everett Square
Friday, Noon-5 p.m., July 17-Oct. 9
- Jamaica Plain Farmers Market
- Bank of America parking lot, Centre St.
Friday, Noon-5 p.m., July 7-Nov. 24
- Mattapan Farmers Market
- Church of the Holy Spirit Parking Lot, 525 River St.
Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., July 11-Oct. 10
- Quincy Farmers Market
- John Hancock Municipal Parking Lot
Friday, 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., June 12-Nov. 25
- Revere Beach Farmers Market
- Revere Beach at William G Reinstein Bandstand
Thursday, Noon-6 p.m., July 16-Oct. 31
- Roxbury/ Frederick Douglas Square Farmers Market
- Corner of Tremont and Hammond Streets, Roxbury
Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., May 30-Nov. 21
- Roxbury/Dudley Town Common Farmers Market
- Dudley Town Common
Tuesday and Thursday, 3-7 p.m., June 2-Oct. 29
- Roxbury/Mission Hill Farmers Market
- Brigham Circle
Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., June 11-Nov. 15
- Somerville/ Davis Square Farmers Market
- Day & Herbert Streets
Wednesday, Noon-6 p.m., May 27-Nov. 25
- Somerville/ Union Square Farmers Market
- Union Square Plaza
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., June 6-Oct. 31
- South Boston Farmers Market
- 446 West Broadway, Municipal Front Parking Lot
Monday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., May 4-Nov. 23