There’s nothing quite like fresh produce from a farmer’s market, something there is an abundance of in Massachusetts. According to the Federation of Massachusetts Farmers Markets, about 195 markets opened for business this year, including a good number in the Boston area.Many of these markets open early in the summer and run through October or November. Here is a list of those closest to Boston, with hours and parking information (where applicable).
- Allston Farmers Market
- Parking Lot at North Harvard St. and Western Ave.
Friday, 3-7 p.m., June 19-Oct. 30
- Ashmont/Peabody Square Farmers Market
- 1943 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester
Friday, 3-7, June 10-Oct. 30
- Boston University Farmers Market
- Boston University George Sherman Union, 775 Commonwealth Ave.
Thursdays, 12-5 p.m. Aug. 12-Oct.14
- Boston City Hall Plaza Farmers Market
- City Hall Plaza along Cambridge St.
Monday and Wednesday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 27-Nov. 25
- Boston Copley Square Farmers Market
- St. James Ave. and Dartmouth St.
Tuesday and Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 19-Nov. 24
- Boston Medical Center
- Menino Pavillion at BMC Lobby
Friday, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., July 17-Oct. 2
- Boston Public Market- South Station/Dewey Square
- Across from South Station
Tuesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m., May 28-Oct. 29
- Boston South End/ SOWA Open Market/ Farmers Market
- SOWA Open Market at 540 Harrison Ave.
Sunday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., May 16-Oct. 25
- Boston/DWG Ventures Prudential Center Farmers Market
- 800 Boylston St.
Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., May 21-Oct. 29
- Brookline Farmers Market
- Coolidge Corner
Thursday, 1:30-8 p.m., June 18-Oct. 29
- Cambridge/ Central Square Farmers Market
- Parking Lot No. 5, Bishop Allen Dr. and Norfolk St.
Monday, 11:30 a.m.-6 p.m., June 1-Nov. 23
- Cambridge/ Charles Square Farmers Market
- Charles Hotel Courtyard, 1 Bennett St. in Harvard Square
Sunday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., May 24-Nov. 22
- Cambridge/ Harvard University Farmers Market
- Intersection of Oxford and Kirkland Streets
Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. to 6 p.m., June 4-Sept. 10
- Cambridge/ Kendall Square Farmers Market
- 500 Kendall St.
Thursday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., June 4-Sept. 10
- Charlestown Farmers Market
- Thompson Square at Austin and Main Streets
Wednesday, 2-7 p.m., July 15-Oct. 9
- Chelsea Farmers Market
- Chelsea Square
Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., July 25-Oct. 31
- Dorchester House Farmers Market
- 1353 Dorchester Ave.
Tuesday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Dorchester/Bowdoin Square Farmers Market
- Bowdoin Street Health Center, Dorchester
Thursday, 3-7 p.m., July 9-Oct. 9
- Dorchester/Codman Square Farmers Market
- Codman Square Health Center, 367 Washington St.
Thursday, 1-6 p.m., June 25-Nov. 19
- Dorchester/Fields Corner Farmers Market
- Park Street Shopping Center parking
Saturday, 9 a.m.-Noon, July 12-Oct. 24
- Dorchester/Franklin Park Community Farmers Market
- Franklin Park Road
Sunday, 1-4 p.m., Aug. 2-Oct. 25
- Dudley Square Farmers Market
- Central Square at Meridian, Bennington and Border Streets
Thursday, 3-6:30 p.m., July 16-Oct. 1
- Everett Farmers Market
- Everett Square
Friday, Noon-5 p.m., July 17-Oct. 9
- Jamaica Plain Farmers Market
- Bank of America parking lot, Centre St.
Friday, Noon-5 p.m., July 7-Nov. 24
- Mattapan Farmers Market
- Church of the Holy Spirit Parking Lot, 525 River St.
Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., July 11-Oct. 10
- Quincy Farmers Market
- John Hancock Municipal Parking Lot
Friday, 11:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., June 12-Nov. 25
- Revere Beach Farmers Market
- Revere Beach at William G Reinstein Bandstand
Thursday, Noon-6 p.m., July 16-Oct. 31
- Roxbury/ Frederick Douglas Square Farmers Market
- Corner of Tremont and Hammond Streets, Roxbury
Saturday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., May 30-Nov. 21
- Roxbury/Dudley Town Common Farmers Market
- Dudley Town Common
Tuesday and Thursday, 3-7 p.m., June 2-Oct. 29
- Roxbury/Mission Hill Farmers Market
- Brigham Circle
Thursday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., June 11-Nov. 15
- Somerville/ Davis Square Farmers Market
- Day & Herbert Streets
Wednesday, Noon-6 p.m., May 27-Nov. 25
- Somerville/ Union Square Farmers Market
- Union Square Plaza
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., June 6-Oct. 31
- South Boston Farmers Market
- 446 West Broadway, Municipal Front Parking Lot
Monday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., May 4-Nov. 23