- Greg Rodgers has been traveling the world as an award-winning freelance writer, editor, and photographer since 2006, and he has lived in or traveled through more than 20 countries.
- Greg is the founder and editor of several travel blogs, including Startbackpacing.com and Vagabondinglife.com, and his work has been featured in Leisure Travel Southeast Asia magazine, and LexScene Magazine.
- He did work for the Sarawak Tourism Board to promote the Rainforest World Music Festival and adventure travel in Borneo.
- He has been featured as a travel expert in Kentucky Living magazine, in Brave New Traveler magazine, in The Globe and Mail, and on Vagabondish.com.
Greg Rodgers is a former writer for TripSavvy and has lived in or traveled to more than 20 countries. He is the founder and editor of Startbackpacking.com and Vagabondlife.com and is considered a voice for vagabonding and location-independent lifestyles. Greg's travelogues and articles have been featured in print and across the web.
He did work for the Sarawak Tourism Board to promote the Rainforest World Music Festival and adventure travel in Borneo. He has also been featured as a travel expert in Kentucky Living magazine, in Brave New Traveler magazine, in The Globe and Mail, and on Vagabondish.com.
Greg Rodgers studied electrical engineering, computer science, and Russian language at the University of Kentucky.Awards and Publications
- Solas Best Travel Writing of 2014: Silver prize
- 2008 SpongeFish Travel Moment contest
- 2007 Gonzo Travel Writing award
About TripSavvy and Dotdash
TripSavvy writers are on-the-ground experts — they speak the local language, know how to catch their city’s tram, train or bus, and definitely have tabs on the best of everything in town, from cocktail to kids’ menu. And since the world changes every day, your travel guide should, too. Our dedicated team of editors is regularly reviewing our library to perform updates on thousands of articles per month. If you see something that doesn’t seem up to date, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
TripSavvy is part of the Dotdash publishing family. For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.