Great Wolf Lodge is the world's largest chain of indoor water park resorts. What began in 1997 with the original Great Wolf Lodge in Wisconsin Dells—"the indoor water park capital of the world"—has grown to a collection of about a dozen properties the United States and Canada. Other locations include Sandusky, Ohio; Williamsburg, Virginia; Niagara Falls, Ontario; Traverse City, Michigan; and Kansas City, Kansas.
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos was the first indoor water park resort to open in the Pocono Mountains. It is one of the best indoor water park resorts in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos
Great Wolf Lodge Poconos is located in Scotrun, Pennsylvania, just off Interstate 80. It is less than a two-hour drive from New York City and Philadelphia.
- Four-story log-sided resort has a Grand Lobby with giant fieldstone fireplace, hand-carved tables, antler chandeliers
- 401 all-suite guest rooms come in 10 configurations, including Family Fireplace Suites; Grizzly Bear Suites that can sleep eight; and children’s themed suites the Wolf Den, KidCabin and KidKamp, each with a “room within a room” for kids.
- Themed family restaurant
- Brand theming includes mascots Wiley the Wolf and Biko the Bear, and a Great Clock Tower in the Grand Lobby with eight-minute animated show
- Outdoor activity pool
- Cub Club offers daily crafts, activities and bedtime storytelling
- MagiQuest interactive fantasy game: like a video-game, but played in a 3-D environment. (Read more about MagiQuest.)
- Northern Lights Arcade
- Aveda Concept Spa
- Iron Horse Fitness Room
- Snowland in December transforms the Grand Lobby with Christmas decor plus indoor falling snow, storytime, Santa, holiday animated show, and more.
Poconos Great Wolf Lodge Indoor Waterpark:
At 78,000 square feet, "Bear Track Landing" is one of America's largest indoor water parks and a first for Pennsylvania. The water park is exclusively for guests of Poconos Great Wolf Lodge. Features include:
- 11 waterslides: body slides, tube slides, kiddie slides, family flume waterslide, water roller coaster ride and cannon bowl tube ride
- six pools: giant wave pool, recreation pool, zero-depth entry children's pool, lazy river, adult and family whirlpools
- Fort Mackenzie interactive treehouse water fort with 12-levels, suspension bridges, cargo nets, web crawls, and over 60 guest-activated "water effects" (i.e., squirters etc.)
- 1,000-gallon tipping water bucket
- constant 84-degree temperature
More about Great Wolf Lodge Poconos
- visit the Great Wolf Lodge Poconos website
- check recent visitors' comments on TripAdvisor.com
- keep in mind that nightly rate includes waterpark admission for four
This brief profile is meant to introduce this resort to family vacationers; please note that the writer has not visited in person. Always check resort sites for updates.
- Edited by Suzanne Rowan Kelleher