01 of 02
Grand Canyon University Arena: Seating Chart
In 2011 Phoenix welcomed a new venue to the area for concerts, shows and sporting events. Grand Canyon University Arena is more intimate than the large stadium venues around town. Renovated in 2014, there are about 7,000 seats in the standard configuration. Shown above, the configuration for concerts and other performances where a stage is in use.
For basketball games, areas A, B, C, and D are the basketball court, and the area where the stage is shown is Section 200. The band is located at that end, as well.Continue to 2 of 2 below.
02 of 02
Grand Canyon University Arena: Address, Directions, Tickets
Grand Canyon University Arena opened for its first concert in September 2011. It is used for concerts, basketball games, athletic events, lectures and speaking engagements. Grand Canyon University is a private Christian university offering traditional campus-based and online doctoral, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
Grand Canyon University Arena Address
3300 W. Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85017
602-639-7500 or 1-800-800-9776
Driving Directions to Grand Canyon University Arena
From I-17, exit at Camelback Road. Drive west to 33rd Avenue. The entrance to the parking lot is on Camelback at 31st Avenue.
The closest Valley Metro Light Station is at 19th Avenue and Central. Here is a Light Rail Map. It is walkable from there, less than 2 miles, but it is not considered the best of neighborhoods. The #50 bus travels on Camelback Road and it is about a ten minute ride to Grand Canyon University from the Light Rail station. If you purchase an all day pass for Light... Rail, that covers your bus fare, too. Warning: check the bus and Light Rail schedules to make sure that there is a late enough bus/train to return to after a game or show.
Where to Get Tickets to Grand Canyon University Arena Concerts and Events
1. Grand Canyon University Arena Box Office located on campus.
2. By phone to Grand Canyon University Arena Box Office.
Things To Know Before You Go
I attended a concert at Grand Canyon University Arena. Here are a few tips that might interest you before you buy your tickets.
- This is an intimate arena, built as a sports stadium for the GCU men's and women's basketball teams. There are 5,000 seats.
- In addition to sports, the arena hosts concerts and other musical performances.
- Grand Canyon University is a private, Christian university, although programs and not necessarily religion-based.
- Because the Arena is smaller than that built for professional basketball teams, don't be afraid to purchase tickets to concerts in the sections directly facing the stage. With only about 20 rows to any particular section, your seats will be good and you won't have to look at the stage sideways!
- Parking was ample, easy and free at the performance I attended.
All dates, times, prices and offerings are subject to change without notice.