Whether you have been diagnosed with Celiac disease, have a wheat allergy or other dietary restriction, or are just trying to eat healthy, this list of gluten-free restaurants and resources in the Baltimore area can help you learn where dining out can be hassle free.
Local Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus
In order to cater to the gluten-free crowd, these restaurants have menus that clearly list gluten-free items and servers who are knowledgeable about what food items those on a gluten-free diet can and cannot eat.
- Alexander's Tavern: 710 S Broadway; Gluten-free menu with more than 40 items; dedicated gluten-free fryer
- Artifact Coffee: 1500 Union Ave.; Gluten-free pastries available
- Bluestone Restaurant: 11 West Aylesbury Rd., Timonium
- Birroteca: 1520 Clipper Rd.; Gluten-free pizzas and pasta available
- BOP Pizza: 800 S. Broadway; Gluten-free pizza available
- Cheezy's Pizza & Subs: 1637 East Joppa Rd., Towson; Gluten-free pizza available
- Brewer's Art: 1106 N. Charles St.; Gluten-free beer often on "guest beer" menu
- Emily's Desserts: 825 Dulaney Valley Rd., Towson
- Gertrude's at The Baltimore Musem of Art: 10 Art Museum Dr.
- Golden West Cafe: 1105 W 36th St.; Gluten-free menu available upon request
- Grano Emporio: 3547 Chestnut Ave.; Gluten-free pasta available
- Grano Pasta Bar: 1031 West 36th St.; Gluten-free pasta available
- Great Sage: 5809 Clarksville Square Dr.
- Johnny's: 4800 Roland Ave.; Gluten-free items noted on menu
- Liam Flynn's Ale House: 22 W. North Ave.; Gluten-free beer on tap
- Max's Taphouse: 737 S Broadway; Gluten-free beer on tap
- Meet 27: 127 West 27th St.; All foods are completely gluten free
- One Dish Cuisine: 8001 Hillsborough Rd., Ellicott City; Color-coded system identifies top allergens, including gluten
- Sammy's Trattoria: 1200 N. Charles St.; Gluten-free pasta available
- Sweet 27: 123 West 27.; All foods are completely gluten free
- Soyombo Grill: 2400 Boston St., Suite 108; Gluten-free noodles available
- Talara: 615 South President St.
- Two Boots Pizza: 1203 W Mount Royal Ave.; Gluten-free pizza available
- Woodberry Kitchen: 2010 Clipper Park Rd. #126; Gluten-free menu available
Please note: Many other restaurants throughout Baltimore are able to prepare menu items to be gluten free, the above restaurants simply make it easy by creating special menus for those on gluten-free diets. In some cases, patrons may need to specifically ask for a gluten-free menu. Additionally, many vegan and vegetarian restaurants make going gluten-free easy.
Chain Restaurants with Gluten-Free Menus
These regional and national chain restaurants have gluten-free menus, just ask! All have various locations.
- Au Bon Pain
- Austin Grill
- Bonefish Grill
- Buca di Beppo
- Capital Grille
- Carrabba's Italian Grill
- Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
- Fogo de Chao
- Green Turtle
- Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar
- Kona Grill
- Lone Star Steakhouse
- Longhorn Steakhouse
- Olive Garden
- Outback Steakhouse
- Pei Wei
- P.F. Changs
- Red Robin
- Roy's Hawaiian Fusion
- Silver Dinner
- Uno's Chicago Grill
Helpful Links for Those with Gluten Allergies
More Locally Owned Grocers & Farmers
- Farmer's Markets in Baltimore
- Specialty Stores and Grocery Store in Baltimore
- Natural Food and Health Food Stores in Baltimore
- Gluten Free in Baltimore: A blog about living in Baltimore on a gluten-free diet.
- Yelp's Gluten-Free Restaurant Reviews: Read what locals and visitors thought of Baltimore's gluten-free restaurants.
- Celiac Restaurant Guide: Gluten-free information for additional chain restaurants.
- Celiac Disease Foundation: Additional information on Celiac disease.