Located at 1 Harborside Drive on the east side of the city of Boston, Logan International Airport (BOS) is the busiest airport in New England. A record 31.6 million passengers traveled through Logan Airport in 2014.
How to Get To and From Logan Airport
Directions By Car:
To reach Logan from points west and south, follow the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90 East) through the Ted Williams Tunnel to exit 26.
From the north, follow Route I-93 South to exit 24B for the Callahan Tunnel and Route 1A North toward Logan.
If you are the slightest bit intimidated by the prospect of driving to or from Logan Airport, watch the excellent Airport Wayfinder videos that show you exactly how to navigate Boston's highways and select the correct exit lane. They're like doing a practice run without having to get in your car.
By Public Transportation:
- The Logan Shuttle offers free transportation between airport terminals. It also connects terminals with the airport's subway station and the Water Transportation Terminal.
- By Subway/The T: Logan Airport is a stop on the MBTA Blue Line.
- By Water Taxi/Ferry: Boat service to downtown Boston and to Quincy and Hull on the South Shore is provided by the MBTA Inner Harbor Ferry or Commuter Boat, as well as by:
- By City Bus: The MBTA's free, handicapped-accessible Silver Line SL1 bus service connects Logan Airport with Boston's South Station in the Financial District, where other bus and train connections can be made.
- By Airport Shuttle:
- Logan Express (800-23-LOGAN) has shuttle bus locations with secure lots in Braintree to the south, Framingham to the west, and Peabody and Woburn to the north. Park your car outside the city, and take advantage of regularly scheduled shuttle departures for the airline terminals at Logan. Parking at these suburban shuttle lots is just $7 per day as of 2016. An adult round-trip shuttle bus fare is $22.
- Logan Direct (508-746-0378) offers shuttle connections between Logan Airport and the southern Massachusetts towns of Rockland, Plymouth, Sagamore, Barnstable and Hyannis. Service is also available from the Outer Cape via a connection in Hyannis.
- By Shared Van: A number of transportation companies offer shared van service between Logan Airport and destinations in downtown Boston and beyond. Some shuttle vans require reservations at least 24 hours in advance. Contact these individual companies for pricing and availability:
- Connecting Logan with Greater Boston
- Boston Logan Airport Shuttle (617-567-8900)
- City Transportation (617-561-9000)
- Day & Knight Transportation (617-771-2497)
- Easy Transportation (617-869-7760)
- GO Boston Shuttle
- King's Shuttle (617-820-2741)
- Star Shuttle and AAA Boston Limousine (617-230-6005 / 877-970-7827)
- Connecting Logan with Andover, Chelmsford, Lawrence and Haverhill
- Flight Line, Inc. (800-245-2525)
- Connecting Logan with all of New England and New York State
- Knight's Airport Limousine Service 508-839-6252 / 800-822-5456)
- Connecting Logan with Northern Massachusetts, Southern Vermont and Southern New Hampshire
- Thomas Transportation Services (603-352-5550 / 800-526-8143)
- Connecting Logan with Western Massachusetts
- Worcester Airport Limousine (508-835-6436 / 800-660-0992)
- Connecting Logan with Portland, Maine
- Mermaid Transportation (207-885-5630 / 800-696-2463)
By Taxi: Taxis are available day and night to transport you to the airport or whisk you from Logan Airport to your destination in the Greater Boston area.
Look for the taxi stand outside your terminal. All drop-off points within a twelve-mile radius of downtown Boston are charged at a metered rate. Beyond the twelve-mile radius, a flat fee is assessed. (Check current taxi rates.) Passengers are responsible for $2.75 in tolls for trips between Boston and Logan Airport.
By Rental Car: Thirteen rental car companies operate at or near Logan International Airport. Keep in mind that driving into Boston can be tricky, and parking is expensive, so opt for public transportation unless you need a car for trips outside the city.
Rental car companies at Logan include: Advantage (617-567-4140), Alamo (617-561-4100 / 888-233-8749), Avis (617-561-3500 / 800-633-3469), Budget (617-497-3733 / 800-218-7992), Dollar (617-634-0006 / 800-800-4000), Enterprise (617-561-4488 / 800-261-7331), E-Z Rent-A-Car (800-277-5171), FlightCar (844-435-8227), Hertz (617-569-7272 / 800-654-3131), National (617-569-6700 / 877-222-9058), Payless (617-561-0139), Thrifty (617-568-0100 / 800-847-4389) and Zipcar (866-494-7227).