Although Jon Stewart is no longer with "The Daily Show," it lives on with a new host, Trevor Noah. It continues to be is a comedy-news show that airs Monday through Thursday on Comedy Central. The show is taped live before a studio audience and airs later that evening, which means you could go to the taping and see yourself on the air that night! One thing that's great about requesting tickets to see "The Daily Show" is that you can see a calendar of availability online, so you can pick the best (available) date for your visit and know immediately if you've secured tickets. If tickets aren't available, you can sign up for their email newsletter to be notified when they release more dates/tickets.
- Online: "The Daily Show" updates ticket availability online, so you can sometimes get same-day or next-day tickets through their website.
- Tickets are not available by phone or by showing up for standby tickets.
What to Know
The show tapes at the Daily Show Studios, 733 11th Avenue, between 51st and 52nd Streets. The closest subway to the studio is the C/E at 50th/8th Avenue. It is another 3 long blocks from the subway to the studio, so be sure to allow adequate travel time to walk to the studio from the subway.
Discounted parking is available for Daily Show guests at the K-Group lot on 51st and 12th Avenue. Make sure to get your ticket stub stamped before you exit to qualify for the discount.
The Daily Show with Trevor Noah usually tapes at Monday through Thursday at 5:45 p.m. and guests need to arrive about an hour early and should plan to finish around 7:15 p.m. They have started a ticket "check-in" policy. You'll need to check-in to pick up your tickets between 2:30 - 4 p.m. Then you will need to return at 4:30 or 4:45 p.m. for the actual taping.
You must be at least 18 to be in the The Daily Show audience. Bring photo ID for security clearance. Groups are limited to no more than four people. If you have a larger group and make multiple reservations to accommodate your group, they may not admit you to the taping. You may only attend a taping once every three months.
Bring a sweater or jacket if you're attending The Daily Show taping -- they keep the studios pumped full of refrigerated air.
What to Do Near The Daily Show Studios
- Visit the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum - 46th/West Side Highway (7 blocks from the studios)
- See a concert at Terminal 5 - 56th between 11th and West Side Highway (4 1/2 blocks from the studio)
- Have a drink in the Press Lounge - this rooftop bar overlooks the Hudson River and is located at 48th west of 11th Avenue (4 blocks from the studio)
- Slurp noodles at Totto Ramen - this cheap spot isn't fancy, but the ramen is great, so it's popular and there's often a wait. (It's two long blocks from the studio.)