GETTING MARRIED WITHOUT A HITCH
However you want to tie the knot, Las Vegas offers you the ultimate freedom of choice, ranging from Elvis presiding over a 24-hour drive-through chapel to a lavish soirée at one of the world's premier resorts, from a breathtaking outdoor ceremony at Mt. Charleston to a traditional ceremony in a church packed with guests.
With more than 120,000 marriage licenses issued annually, Las Vegas is recognized as the world's wedding capital.
Las Vegas Weddings
* Most popular wedding days in Las Vegas: Valentine's Day and New Year's Eve
* Most popular wedding dates in Las Vegas: Dates with consistent numbers, i.e. 1/01/01, 2/02/02, 3/03/03
Thinking of getting married outdoors in Las Vegas?
* Proof of age (driver's license, passport or birth certificate)
* Must have a social security number; foreigners who exchange wedding vows in the U.S. may need additional or special documentation to guarantee the marriage is recognized in their country
* Parental consent and court order (if under the age of 16)
* No blood test
* No waiting period
* Marriage License/Clark County License Bureau: $60
201 Clark Avenue, Las Vegas Nv 89155
Main number: 702-671-0580
Web site: www.co.clark.nv.us/clerk/marriage_information.htm
Applicants may be required to prove their age. Those not having acceptable identification to prove age may be refused a marriage license. Faxed copies, damaged identification, privately issued I.D., check cashing cards or photocopies of identification are unacceptable. For specific information on forms of acceptable identification
8am-Midnight 365 days a year
Mesquite, Nev. Marriage License Bureau:
Address: 500 Hillside Drive
Main number: (702) 346-1867
* Wednesday: 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
* Friday: 3 p.m. - 9 p.m.
* Saturday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
* Closed on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and holidays
Laughlin, Nev. Marriage License Bureau:
101 Civic Way, #2
Main number: (702) 298-4622
* Tuesday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
* Friday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
* Weekends: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
* Closed on Mondays and holidays
Celebrity Weddings, Las Vegas Style
Over the years, some of Tinseltown's biggest names have come to Las Vegas to say, "I do!" They include:
* Elvis and Priscilla Presley
* Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow
* Jane Fonda and Roger Vadim
* Bruce Willis and Demi Moore
* Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere
* Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward
* Britney Spears and Jason Alexander
* Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme
* Ann-Margaret and Roger Smith
* Billy Bob Thornton and Angelina Jolie
Others who have tied the knot in Las Vegas include Brigitte Bardot, Billy Martin, Joan Collins, Judy Garland, Vic Damon, Jon Bon Jovi, Charisma Carpenter, Tony Curtis, Mickey Rooney (several times), Mary Tyler Moore, Sammy Davis Jr., Bing Crosby, Joan Crawford, Michael Jordan and Dennis Rodman.
The aforementioned may be stars but according to Clark County Marriage License Bureau officials: "All wedding parties are considered celebrities to us."
Looking for resources on coupons, deals, reservations and tickets in Las Vegas? Research a little and you could possibly save a lot.
Where You’ll Be Doing In Las Vegas?