Valencia and Alicante are two of the most popular cities on Spain's east coast and as both have major airports, there is a good chance you're going to want to travel from one to the other.
Valencia and Alicante Airport
Aeropuerto Valencia-Manises and Aeropuerto Alicante-Altet are both connected with the other city - in each case, the journey takes three hours. However, in the case of Alicante airport to Valencia, you'll need to make a change in Benidorm: don't worry, though, the bus company will coordinate the connection. Tickets can be purchased from the ASLA.
- Valencia Airport Departure Times for Alicante Three journeys per day at approximately 10 a.m. 1:30 p.m. and 9 p.m.
- Alicante Airport Departure Times for Valencia Every hour on the hour from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- Alicante Departure Times for Valencia Airport Times and frequency vary greatly from day to day.
- Valencia Departure Times for Alicante Airport Hourly from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The Best Way
It depends on your budget. The bus is a little slower but a bit cheaper than the train. Your deciding factor might be more based on where your accommodation is in relation to the station you need than the cost or travel time, particularly in Valencia where the stations are quite far apart.
Recommended Stops En Route
The coastline between Valencia and Alicante is dominated by small beach towns, apart from the high-rise monstrosity of Benidorm, the area's party capital. Altea is a popular little place with a pleasant old town.
The train from Valencia to Alicante takes between one-and-a-half hours and two hours. It costs under thirty euros.
- Valencia Departure Times Every hour or two, starting at about 7 a.m. and finishing around 9.30 p.m.
- Alicante Departure Times Trains approximately every hour, starting at around 6.30 a.m. with the last departure around 7.30 p.m.
The Alicante train station is close to the downtown area, a little to the west. The Valencia train station is in the center of the city, close to most of the big hotels, next to the bullring.
- Alicante Train Station: Avenida de Salamanca
- Valencia Train Station: Calle Xativa 24
The bus from Valencia to Alicante takes about two-and-a-half hours. The nighttime journeys are a lot cheaper but you get dropped off at an awkward time.
- Valencia Departure Times Every hour, throughout the day, with a couple of journeys in the middle of the night too.
- Alicante Departure Times As with Valencia Departure Times.
Alicante bus station is southwest of the city center, just a short walk south from the train station. Valencia bus station is on the other side of town from the train station. It's a good location for Airbnb properties.
- Alicante Bus Station: Muelle Pte., s/n
- Valencia Bus Station: Carrer Menéndez Pidal, 11
It takes less than two hours to drive the 178 km from Valencia to Alicante, following the E-15/AP-7. Note that this is a toll road.