If you're planning a weekend at Disneyland, you need to have a good strategy. These are the things you really need to know.
Why Should You Go? Will You Like Disneyland?
- Disneyland is popular with families and playful adults who are looking for the magical Disney experience
- It isn't the best place for those who love those colossal, fast, turn-you-upside-down roller coasters.
Best Time to Go to Disneyland
The best time to go to Disneyland depends on too many factors to give a simple answer. Find out about the pros and cons of visiting Disneyland in every season.
How Much Can You Do?
Unless you live very nearby, and it takes only a few minutes to get there, you can spend about a day and a half in the park at the most during a weekend getaway.
Things to Do in Disneyland
- Our readers' favorite rides: This list is compiled from tens of thousands of votes by our readers. It might help you narrow down your choices.
- Celebrate a Birthday at Disneyland: Find out all the ways to celebrate and how to get people to say "Happy Birthday" all day long - even if the day you visit isn't actually your birthday.
- Disneyland Ride Guide: If you need some guidance, we've got the lists. Check out the rides by height restriction, rides good for kids and find some cool places for a hot afternoon.
- New Disneyland Rides: If you've been to Disneyland before, this guide will help you find out what's new this year - and what was new in the past few years.
- Disneyland shows and entertainment: There's more to do than just the rides, you know. In fact, you could spend an entire weekend just taking in all the shows, parades, and other entertainment.
- Check it out: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do At Disneyland
Annual Events at Disneyland
Other crowd-catching events at Disneyland include high school grad nights, Gay Days and the Disneyland Half Marathon. Check the month-by-month guide to find out what else might be happening during your visit.
Tips for Visiting Disneyland
- Tips for a trouble-free visit: More than a dozen things you need to know to have a carefree visit
- A great Disneyland getaway begins before you leave home. Find out what you should do before you go to Disneyland
- These Ways to be a Smart Disneyland Visitor will also help you pack maximum fun into a short visit.
- Know your ticket options. If you understand the ticket system, you can save money. Buy in advance if you can, to keep out of line at the ticket booth.
- If you're a gal going to Disneyland, I know how hard it can be to figure out what to pack. I've been there so many times - and seen all my friends packing failures - that I created a guide just for you. Here's what you need to pack for Disneyland - and what you don't.
Playing at Disneyland is enough to keep you busy for a weekend, but you've gotta eat something. Find out where to eat at Disneyland.
Where to Stay
The easiest way to find the perfect hotel for you is to start with the Disneyland hotel map. It will help you understand where all the hotels are located and it provides quick links to make a reservation at the lowest possible price.
Getting To Disneyland
Get the scoop on all the ways to get to Disneyland