If you're planning a weekend at Disneyland, you need to have a good strategy. These are the things you really need to know.
Why Should You Go? Will You Like Disneyland?
- Get a Preview: Take a look at our Disneyland Pictures
- Disneyland is popular with families and playful adults who are looking for the magical Disney experience
- It isn't the best place for those who love those colossal, fast, turn-you-upside-down roller coasters.
Best Time to Go to Disneyland
The best time to go to Disneyland depends on too many factors to give a simple answer. Find out about the pros and cons of visiting Disneyland in every season.
How Much Can You Do?
Unless you live very nearby, and it takes only a few minutes to get there, you can spend about a day and a half in the park at the most during a weekend getaway.
Things to Do in Disneyland
- Our readers' favorite rides: This list is compiled from tens of thousands of votes by our readers. It might help you narrow down your choices.
- Celebrate a Birthday at Disneyland: Find out all the ways to celebrate and how to get people to say "Happy Birthday" all day long - even if the day you visit isn't actually your birthday.
- Disneyland Ride Guide: If you need some guidance, we've got the lists. Check out the rides by height restriction, rides good for kids and find some cool places for a hot afternoon.
- New Disneyland Rides: If you've been to Disneyland before, this guide will help you find out what's new this year - and what was new in the past few years.
- Disneyland shows and entertainment: There's more to do than just the rides, you know. In fact, you could spend an entire weekend just taking in all the shows, parades, and other entertainment.
- Check it out: 11 Things You Didn't Know You Could Do At Disneyland
Annual Events at Disneyland
Other crowd-catching events at Disneyland include high school grad nights, Gay Days and the Disneyland Half Marathon. Check the month-by-month guide to find out what else might be happening during your visit.
Tips for Visiting Disneyland
- Tips for a trouble-free visit: More than a dozen things you need to know to have a carefree visit
- A great Disneyland getaway begins before you leave home. Find out what you should do before you go to Disneyland
- These Ways to be a Smart Disneyland Visitor will also help you pack maximum fun into a short visit.
- Know your ticket options. If you understand the ticket system, you can save money. Buy in advance if you can, to keep out of line at the ticket booth.
- If you're a gal going to Disneyland, I know how hard it can be to figure out what to pack. I've been there so many times - and seen all my friends packing failures - that I created a guide just for you. Here's what you need to pack for Disneyland - and what you don't.
Playing at Disneyland is enough to keep you busy for a weekend, but you've gotta eat something. Find out where to eat at Disneyland.
Where to Stay
Getting To Disneyland
Get the scoop on all the ways to get to Disneyland