It's easy to get to and park at Bradley International Airport. Located in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, Bradley (Airport Code: BDL) serves the Hartford, Connecticut, and Springfield, Massachusetts, areas, and it is one of New England's most convenient and easily accessible airports. Here are directions, transportation options, and parking information:
- Bradley is located 12 miles north of Hartford, Connecticut, and 12 miles south of Springfield, Massachusetts. GPS Users: Set your destination as: Schoephoester Road
- Windsor Locks, CT.
- From New York City or New Haven: Take I-95 North to exit 48 for I-91 North or Route 15 North to exit 17 for I-91 North. Follow I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
- From Providence or New London: Take I-95 South to exit 69 for Route 9 North to I-91 North. Follow I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
- From Brattleboro or Springfield: Take I-91 South to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
- From Boston or Worcester: Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) West to exit 9 (I-84). Follow I-84 West to exit 61 for I-291 West. Take I-291 West to exit 2B for I-91 North, then take I-91 North to Exit 40 and follow signs to the airport.
- From Danbury or Waterbury: Head east on I-84 to exit 51 for I-91 North. Take I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
- Bradley International Airport offers several on-site parking options. Airport lots offer close proximity to airport terminals with free shuttle bus service.
- Short-term parking is located directly in front of the terminal. Follow signs for Arrivals and Parking as you enter Bradley Airport. The daily maximum rate at Lot B, which applies after 1-1/2 hours, is $8 as of 2015. The daily maximum rate at the short-term garage is $30 as of 2015.
- Bradley has a long-term garage and additional long-term lots located near the airport. Rates as of 2015 range from $6 per day at Economy Lot 4 to $26 per day for the long-term garage.
- More information about on-site airport parking rates is available at the Bradley International Airport Web site, as is a parking map.
- Bradley is surrounded by numerous additional private parking lots that offer valet or self-park options and free shuttle service to the airport.
- The following rental car agencies are located at Bradley: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Thrifty.
- Connecticut Transit operates city buses providing transportation between downtown Hartford and Bradley International Airport. The Bradley Flyer schedule and a route map are available at the CT Transit Web site.
- Connecticut Limo provides shuttle bus transportation to Bradley from Bridgeport, Hartford, Meriden, Milford, New Haven, North Haven and Wallingford.
- Of the private outfits offering parking and shuttle service to Bradley, I have found Roncari Express Valet Parking (9 Schoephoster Rd.) to be the speediest at picking up from the Terminal; it's the private lot closest to the airport.
- When parking your car using a valet service, be sure to leave your keys. Also be sure that there are no keys (such as luggage keys) on the keyring you leave behind that you will need during your travels.