Bradley International Airport Con
AddressBradley International Airport Con, Windsor, CT, USA
It's easy to get to and park at Bradley International Airport. Located in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, Bradley (Airport Code: BDL) serves the Hartford, Connecticut, and Springfield, Massachusetts, areas, and of all of the New England airports, it is one of the region's most convenient and easily accessible.
Here are directions, transportation options and parking information:
Directions to Bradley International Airport
Bradley is located 12 miles north of Hartford, CT, and 12 miles south of Springfield, MA. GPS Users: Set your destination as: Schoephoester Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096.
From New York City or New Haven and Other Points South: Take I-95 North to exit 48 for I-91 North or Route 15 North to exit 17 for I-91 North. Follow I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport. Driving time from New Haven is about one hour. From NYC, the trip will take you 2-1/2 to 3 hours depending on traffic.
From Providence or New London: Take I-95 South to exit 69 for Route 9 North to I-91 North. Follow I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
From Brattleboro or Springfield: Take I-91 South to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
From Boston or Worcester: Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90) West to exit 9 (I-84). Follow I-84 West to exit 61 for I-291 West. Take I-291 West to exit 2B for I-91 North, then take I-91 North to Exit 40 and follow signs to the airport. Driving time from Worcester is about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Bradley is about 2 hours from Boston.
From Danbury or Waterbury: Head east on I-84 to exit 51 for I-91 North. Take I-91 North to Exit 40, and follow signs to the airport.
How to Park at Bradley International Airport
Bradley International Airport offers several on-site parking options. Airport lots offer close proximity to airport terminals with free shuttle bus service 24 hours each day year-round. Here are some things you should know about parking on-site at Bradley:
- The short-term parking garage is located directly in front of Terminal A and is the closest you can get to the airport. Follow signs for Arrivals and Parking as you enter Bradley Airport. Rates start at $3.25 for up to 30 minutes. The daily maximum rate, which applies after 7 hours, is $32 as of 2019.
- Bradley has a long-term garage and additional long-term lots located near the airport. The daily maximum rate at the long-term garage is $28 as of 2019.
- The cheapest place to park at Bradley Airport is Economy Lot 4, where the rate is just $6 per day. Other long-term lots charge $8 to $12 per day.
- Picking up an arriving passenger? Turn right onto Light Lane as you enter the airport from Route 75, and look for the entrance to the cell phone lot.
- More information about on-site airport parking rates and options is available at the Bradley International Airport website, as is a parking map.
More Parking Options Near Bradley
Bradley is surrounded by numerous additional private parking lots that offer valet or self-park options and free shuttle service to the airport.
Rental Car Options
These rental car companies are located at Bradley: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty. All provide free shuttle service between their facilities and the terminal.
More Ways to Get to Bradley International Airport
- Connecticut Transit operates city buses providing transportation between downtown Hartford and Bradley International Airport. The Bradley Flyer (Route #30) weekday and weekend schedules and a route map are available at the CT Transit Web site.
- Connecticut Limo provides shuttle bus transportation to Bradley from Bridgeport, Hartford, Meriden, Milford, New Haven, North Haven and Wallingford.
Insider Tips for Travelers
- Of the private outfits offering parking and shuttle service to Bradley, Roncari Express Valet Parking (9 Schoephoster Rd.) is the speediest at picking up from the terminal; it's the private lot closest to the airport.
- When parking your car using a valet service, be sure to leave your keys. Also be sure that there are no keys on the key ring you leave behind that you will need during your travels.