If you use the Oklahoma turnpikes on a regular basis, you may want to consider getting a PIKEPASS—this is a small tag that goes on the inside of your front windshield and allows you to drive right through toll collection plazas. PIKEPASS makes using Oklahoma turnpikes easier and faster by eliminating the step of paying at a tollbooth.
How PIKEPASS Words
PIKEPASS works by scanning your tag—your membership is linked to your credit or debit card, so your payments are posted automatically. One benefit of using PIKEPASS is that you pay a discounted fee compared to the cash toll. The electronic tag is scanned and you will automatically be charged.
Setting Up a PIKEPASS Account
Here are the steps to opening an Oklahoma PIKEPASS membership, as well as some important notes on usage and charges.
- The first step to setting up a PIKEPASS account is to gather all the pieces of information you will need in order to do so. These include:
- A valid driver's license
- A valid credit card or debit card (PIKEPASS accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover)
- The license plate number or VIN of each vehicle you want to register, as well as the state of registration, and the year, make, and model of the car
- Once you have all the necessary pieces of information in hand, you can set up an account online.
- If you prefer not to set up your PIKEPASS account online, you do have other options. You can also set up an account through the following methods:
- Over the phone, by calling 1-800-745-3727
- In person, by visiting a PIKEPASS store location.
- After setting up your account, you can expect your PIKEPASS sticker in the mail. Once you have received your PIKEPASS sticker, you'll need to mount it on your windshield. To do this, it is important to follow some guidelines to ensure that your sticker adheres to the windshield properly:
- First, clean the area behind the rearview mirror with rubbing alcohol.
- Ensure that all the alcohol has evaporated and the area where you will adhere the sticker is completely dry.
- Remove the tape from the PIKEPASS tag and—making sure the sticker is at least two inches from any metal surface—press the sticker's adhesive side against the windshield, behind the rearview mirror.
- PIKEPASS stickers are not meant to be removed once applied; however, there is a portable option that allows drivers to move it between cars of the same class. While there is no cost for stickers, the portable PIKEPASS requires a one-time $25 fee, unless it's for a motorcycle.
- You can make PIKEPASS payments in a variety of ways:
- Set up an online account at pikepass.com.
- Debit and credit card payments can be made over the phone by calling 1-800-PIKEPASS (check online for hours and to confirm phone number).
- Payments (including cash, check or money order) can be made in person at any PIKEPASS store.
As previously mentioned, PIKEPASS users can save on turnpike tolls over paying by cash: PIKEPASS users receive an average 5% savings, and a 5% additional discount for 20 or more transactions a month.
If you forget your PIKEPASS tag and accidentally drive through a PIKEPASS lane at the toll plaza without paying, you need to contact one of the Customer Service Centers to avoid receiving a fine. You should also contact Customer Service if your PIKEPASS is ever lost or stolen. Be sure to call as soon as possible, as you are responsible for any toll charges incurred up to the time it is reported stolen.
If you pull a trailer on occasion, you should call 1-800-745-3727 before your trip or plan to stop at a toll booth.