If you use the Oklahoma turnpikes on a regular basis, and it's difficult not to with how many we have, you may want to consider getting a PIKEPASS. A small tag that goes on the inside of your front windshield, PIKEPASS allows you to drive right through toll collection plazas and simply have the charge electronically posted to your account. It's easier, quite a bit faster and even a bit cheaper. Here are the steps to get an Oklahoma PIKEPASS, as well as some important notes on usage and charges.
- The first step is setting up a PIKEPASS account. You will need to make sure you have these things in order to do so.
- Valid driver's license
- Valid credit card or debit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover)
- License plate number or VIN of vehicles to register, as well as state of registration, year, make and model
- With this information in hand, you can set up an account online. If you prefer not to do so online, other options include:
- Calling 1-800-745-3727
- Visiting a PIKEPASS store location. See here for a searchable list of locations.
- Once you have received your PIKEPASS sticker, you'll need to mount it on your windshield. This is done by first cleaning the area behind the rearview mirror with rubbing alcohol. After it's dry, you simply remove the tape from the PIKEPASS tag and press it firmly against the windshield behind the rearview mirror. Make sure it is at least two inches from any metal surface, including the mirror arm.
Stickers are not meant to be removed once applied; however, if needed, there is a portable option that allows drivers to move it between cars of the same class. While there is no cost for stickers, the portable PIKEPASS requires a one-time $25 fee, unless it's for a motorcycle.
- You can make PIKEPASS payments in a variety of ways. Set up an online account at pikepass.com. Also, debit and credit card payments can be made over the phone by calling 1-800-PIKEPASS from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, except state holidays. Payments (including cash, check or money order) can be made in person at any PIKEPASS store.
- The PIKEPASS account can't be used outside of the state of Oklahoma, with two exceptions. As of August 10, 2014, the stickers work on North Texas Toll Authority (NTTA) roads, and an interoperability agreement with the Kansas toll system began November 1, 2014.
- PIKEPASS users receive an average 5% savings, and a 5% additional discount for 20 or more transactions a month.
- If you forgot your PIKEPASS tag and went through a plaza without paying, you need to contact one of the Customer Service Centers to avoid receiving a fine.
- If you pull a trailer on occasion, you should call 1-800-745-3727 before your trip or plan to stop at a toll booth.
- If your PIKEPASS is lost or stolen, call a Customer Service Center immediately. You are responsible for toll charges incurred until it has been reported stolen.