Georgetown's Annual French Market returns to the charming Book Hill neighborhood featuring fashion, French fare, quaint home and antique shops, galleries and live music. This is a great time to explore the shopping in one of Washington's top neighborhoods while enjoying the spring weather.
Dates: April 28-30, 2017
Location: Along Wisconsin Ave, between P Street and Reservoir Road, NW Washington DC.
French Market Event Highlights
- Sidewalk sales at a variety of Book Hill shops and boutiques.
- Art galleries and antiques stores will showcase and offer specials on a variety of fine arts, prints, books and home furnishings.
- Some of the neighborhood's best restaurants will set up curbside to nourish shoppers, grilling up French merguez sausages, filling sweet and savory crepes, offering Banh mi sandwiches and serving fresh French pastries.
- Families are encouraged to bring the kids and enjoy live music, strolling mimes and other street entertainers. Georgetown's historic house museums - Dumbarton House and Tudor Place - will host arts and crafts activities for children.
SATURDAY, APRIL 30
11am – 1pm: Swing Guitars DC with special guest Daisy Castro, French swing
11am-4pm: Mary Alouette and the Crew, French gypsy jazz quartet
11am-4pm: Bring your furry friend and step into the photo booth for a Parisian photo op with
your best friend.
11am-4pm: Revolution Cycles and DC Bike Ride are hosting free bike tune-ups in the lot at Wisconsin Avenue & P Street. First 100 bicyclists who stop by Patisserie Poupon’s booth receive a free gift bag of French tasty treats!
12-3pm: Face painting, balloon sculptures, juggling unicyclist and walkabout mime
1pm-4pm: Bitter Dose Combo, gypsy jazz band
SUNDAY, MAY 1
12pm – 3pm: Laissez Foure, New Orleans jazz quartet
12-3pm: Face painting and caricature artist
12-3 pm: Stop by the TD Bank lot (1611 Wisconson Avenue) for a chance to have a limited edition Georgetown French Market tote bag screen printed live by Soul & Ink. Special tote bag price: $10.
The easiest way to get to Georgetown is to take the DC Circulator from Downtown or from the Rosslyn and Dupont Circle Metro Stations. Within Georgetown, the BID is offering free Circulator rides from the K Street and Wisconsin Avenue stops to Book Hill. Free parking will be available at Hardy Middle School in the 1800 block of Wisconsin Avenue across from the Georgetown Safeway, which is an approximately five minute walk south to the French Market.
More About Georgetown
- Top 10 Things to Do in Georgetown
- Georgetown Parking Garages and Lots
- Georgetown Photo Gallery
- Georgetown Hotels (14 Great Places to Stay in Washington DC)