The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is a world-class destination that opened in 2008. The Gaylord features 2,000 guestrooms, flexible meeting and banquet facilities, multiple restaurants, a nightclub, retail shopping, full-service spa and fitness center, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, and outdoor event space. The resort covers 41.7 acres and is said to be the largest nongaming hotel and convention center on the East Coast. Gaylord National Resort is the cornerstone of the development of National Harbor, a mixed-use community located just minutes from Washington, D.C.
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Gaylord National Resort is located in Prince George’s County, Maryland, just off I-95 on the Capital Beltway at the interchange of I-295, eight miles south of Washington, D.C.
It is located eight miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, 35 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport, and 42 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. These airports do not provide shuttle service.
Parking and Transportation
- Plenty of parking is available. Park either at the Gaylord garage (valet or self-parking) or in public parking garages throughout National Harbor. Guests who dine at Old Hickory Steakhouse or Pienza receive three hours of free self-parking.
- A shuttle service runs between National Harbor and Union Station and the Old Post Office Pavilion in Washington, D.C., and the King Street Metro Station in Alexandria, Virginia. The service is free for hotel guests, National Harbor residents, and office employees.
- The Alexandria-National Harbor Water Taxi runs every hour.
- The NH-1 Metrobus from the Branch Avenue Metro Station (Green Line) runs every 30 minutes.
- The Amtrak Station ALX is about six miles away.
Gaylord National Resort Features
Gaylord National Resort is known for its soaring 19-story glass atrium with spectacular views of the Potomac River and Old Town Alexandria — and a nightly Atrium fountain show featuring water that shoots 60 feet into the air. The sprawling hotel spans 2,000 guestrooms, including 108 suites and 300 VIP rooms. It's a popular place for meetings, with 470,000 square feet of flexible convention, meeting, exhibition, and pre-function space.
There are a variety of different room types, with either atrium views or views to the outside. Choose between one king bed guest rooms, two queen beds guest rooms, or suites with king beds and a living/sitting room.
In terms of amenities, the Gaylord National Resort includes an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, a full-service spa, salon, and fitness center, and an outdoor special event space for the many conventioneers and meeting attendees who make their way to the Washington, D.C. area.
There are many different dining and restaurant options within the Gaylord National Resort, from a sit-down steakhouse to grab-and-go meals:
- The dress code is "smart casual" at the elegant Old Hickory Steakhouse, where steaks, cocktails, and more are on the menu
- Try breakfast and lunch favorites from a rotating seasonal menu at Pienza Marketplace
- There's a 36-foot video wall at National Pastime Sports Bar and Grill, which serves up comfort food
- Find Harbor Marketplace in the atrium, where you can order a meal to go or for delivery to your room
- Get a morning (or afternoon) pick-me-up at coffee bar The Cocoa Bean, which serves Starbucks beverages, baked goods, and sandwiches
- The Belvedere Lobby Bar serves draft beers, cocktails, champagne, and light meals
- Take in the view from the wrap-around terrace at Pose Rooftop Lounge, a 21-and-up venue that's free for hotel guests and $20 cover for non-hotel guests
- Capital Wheel: From 180 feet up on this Ferris wheel overlooking the Potomac River, you'll be able to see sights like the Washington Monument and Alexandria's Masonic Temple. There's even an outdoor lounge near the Capital Wheel where you can sip on beer, wine, and soft drinks.
- MGM National Harbor: Try your luck at this new Las Vegas-style casino, where in addition to slots and table games, you can take in a show from a state-of-the-art theatre. There are also restaurants from local acclaimed chefs, a spa and salon, and a shopping area including a shoe store from Sarah Jessica Parker.
- Tanger Outlets Mall: Enjoy outlet shopping in National Harbor, with many name brand stores like Nike, Gap, Polo Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors, Le Creuset, and more.