The Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center is a world-class destination that opened in 2008. The Gaylord features 2,000 guestrooms, flexible meeting and banquet facilities, multiple restaurants, a nightclub, retail shopping, full-service spa and fitness center, indoor/outdoor swimming pool, and outdoor event space. The resort covers 41.7 acres and is said to be the largest nongaming hotel and convention center on the East Coast.
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
Gaylord National Resort is located in Prince George’s County, Maryland, just off I-95 on the Capital Beltway at the interchange of I-295, eight miles south of Washington, D.C.
It is located eight miles from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, 35 miles from Washington Dulles International Airport, and 42 miles from Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport. These airports do not provide shuttle service.
Parking and Transportation
- Plenty of parking is available. Park either at the Gaylord garage (valet or self-parking) or in public parking garages throughout National Harbor. Guests who dine at Old Hickory Steakhouse or Pienza receive three hours of free self-parking.
- A shuttle service runs between National Harbor and Union Station and the Old Post Office Pavilion in Washington, D.C., and the King Street Metro Station in Alexandria, Virginia. The service is free for hotel guests, National Harbor residents, and office employees.
- The Alexandria-National Harbor Water Taxi runs every hour.
- The NH-1 Metrobus from the Branch Avenue Metro Station (Green Line) runs every 30 minutes.
- The Amtrak Station ALX is about six miles away.
Gaylord National Resort Features
- 2,000 guestrooms, including 108 suites and 300 VIP rooms
- A 19-story glass atrium with spectacular views of the Potomac River and Old Town Alexandria
- 470,000 square feet of flexible convention, meeting, exhibition, and pre-function space
- 8,000 square feet of retail shopping inside the hotel including these shops:
- Amelia's Boutique: Apparel, accessories, and sportswear
- Key Provisions: Gifts, toiletries, snacks, casual clothing, newspapers, and magazines
- Stars & Stripes: Gifts, T-shirts, mugs, and collectibles
- Strictly First Glass: Contemporary art glass and jewelry including Swarovski, Pandora, and Majorica
- Paisleys Accessories & More: A collection of Vera Bradley handbags and accessories, Brighton jewelry, charms, and leather accessories
- Many first-class, stylish eateries are onsite: Old Hickory Steakhouse, National Pastime Sports Bar & Grill, Pienza, Belvedere Lobby Bar, Harbor Marketplace, and Cocoa Bean Coffee House
- A nightclub located on the hotel's top floor offers exotic cocktails and panoramic views of Washington, D.C., and Virginia. It features nightly entertainment.
- An award-winning, full-service spa, salon, and fitness center
- An entertainment arcade
- An indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- The nightly Atrium fountain show featuring water that shoots 60-feet high
- Outdoor special event space
- Capital Wheel: Ferris wheel overlooking the Potomac River
- MGM National Harbor: Entertainment, dining, and luxury table games and slot machines
- Tanger Outlets Mall: Shopping area with clothing, housewares, and dining