It’s game day and you need a spot that has beer, food, televisions and the atmosphere that either promotes cheering for your team or that is just fun enough that if your team loses you’ll feel okay about it. You need TAP Vegas. Pub food that comes in various forms of fried happiness and beer. This is nt your ordinary pub in Las Vegas, this is a mecca for the sports fan.
The entry level beer enthusiast will appreciate the approachable bartenders and beer program that promote trying a few beers that you might otherwise ignore while being able to get a little background on the beers you typically enjoy.
TAP Vegas is a bit of a secret find for the beer lover. Sit at the bar and strike up a conversation about beer and you’ll soon find that the people behind the bar share a love for the suds just like you.
MGM Grand Las Vegas
3799 S Las Vegas Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Cuisine: Sports bar doing comfort food just right
Price Range: Cheap to moderate
Hours: Mon - Wed, Sun 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Thu - Fri 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sat 9:00 AM - 12:00 AM
What should you expect:
If it is game day you should expect a bit of a line of you want a booth. TAP Vegas is bringing in the sports fans so football season and March Madness is busy with crowds coming in early and spending time there for an entire game. The atmosphere is electric during a big game and the amount of televisions around the restaurant lends to a virtual stadium experience. It is a bit of a sensory overload as the sight and sounds of sports go off all around you.
How’s The Food?
This is not gourmet. Don’t walk into a sports bar expecting a fine dining experience however, realize that the people in the kitchen are directed by a talented chef and crew that has pride in what comes out. Have one taste of the pastrami on the burger and you know for sure that somebody cares about the craft of cooking even when it comes to comfortable pub food.
You will have a few things that are fried and why not. You are having beer and you are watching sports.
What you should try:
- Buffalo chicken slider - Spicy, crunchy, savory and everything you should want when your team is rolling on the field. The bun is soft and the battered chicken is memorable.
- Fried Shrimp Bucket - How can you go wrong with fried shrimp when having beers. Finger foods are what you need when you can’t devote too much time to the food because the game requires your attention
- Cheesy Mac bites - Fried cheese, do you really need to question that as a game day a snack.
- Pastrami Burger - This burger could survive on any menu in Las Vegas. The pastrami is made in house, great grind, great bun and packed with flavor. Share it because it is easily big enough for two.
- Nachos - These are a mess. In a good way. When you order nachos while watching a game you want to see a heaping portion of everything arrive at your table. You’ll get that in the form of cheese, jalapenos, sour cream and beef piled atop some crunchy chips that beg you to order another beer.
The Beer at TAP Vegas
With over 46 beers on tap and another 30 by the bottle the selection for the beer lover is worthy of a long stay.
There will e plenty of favorites as well as a few obscure choices. Try a sampler if you are feeling adventurous and do your own blind tasting. Sit at the bar and try a few just to make sure you are making the proper beer selection. The staff is knowledgeable so tap into a little extra information when looking for the right beer.