01 of 03
Gadget's Go Coaster Ride at Disneyland California
This little coaster is quite gentle, and a good choice for younger children. It's one of only two rides in Toontown, which may account for its longer lines in spite of its negative points, which are detailed below.
From the home and workshop of Gadget Hackwrench, you'll ride in a cleverly designed "acorn train for a quick trip around Toon Lake. You'll zip past oversized spools, combs and soup cans. Then you encounter a happy green frog who likes to spit water overhead. And just that fast, you're done. In fact, it may take you more time to read this review than it will to experience the ride.
What You Need to Know About Gadget's Go Coaster
We polled 199 of our readers to find out what they think about Gadget's Go Coaster. The results are not exciting. Only 71% of them said It's a must-do or ride it if you have time. While that sounds okay, that percentage makes it one of the lowest-rated rides in Disneyland.
Continue to 2 of 3 below.
- Location: Gadget's Go Coaster is in Toontown.
- Rating: ★★
- Restrictions: 35 in (89 cm) Children under age seven years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
- Ride Time: 45 seconds
- Recommended for: Younger children, but only when the line is short
- Fun Factor: Medium
- Wait Factor: Medium to high
- Fear Factor: Low
- Herky-Jerky Factor: Even though it's a gentle roller coaster, it's still not a good idea if you have neck or back trouble. If you're tall, you may get jerked around more than shorter people will.
- Nausea Factor: Low to medium
- Seating: Two children can easily fit into a single car, but most adults will want to travel alone or with one small child. Tall people complain that the cars are cramped and hard to get in and out of.
- Accessibility: You have to transfer into the ride vehicle from wheelchairs and ECVs. Enter through the exit and ask a Cast Member for help. More about visiting Disneyland in a wheelchair or ECV
02 of 03
How to Have More Fun on Gadget's Go Coaster
- Lines can get long, and there's no shade to stand in. If your kids can't resist, try to go early in the day or after the sun gets low enough to cast some shadows
- You don't spend much time careening around the track. In fact, it's only about 20 seconds. Getting up the first hill, braking and getting off take up the rest of the time.
- Skip it unless the wait is less than 5 minutes. Or your child insists that they want to ride. Otherwise, it's just not worth the wait.
- Gadget's coast is just one of the Disneyland roller coasters. If you crave more thrills, you'll find them in this Guide to Disneyland Roller Coasters.
Next Disneyland Ride: Disneyland Monorail
More About Disneyland Rides
You can see all the Disneyland rides at a glance on the Disneyland Ride Sheet. If you want to browse through them starting with the best-rated, start with the Haunted Mansion and follow the navigation.
While you're thinking about rides, you should also download Our Recommended Disneyland Apps (they're all free!) and Get Some Proven Tips to Minimize Your Disneyland Wait Time.Continue to 3 of 3 below.
03 of 03
Fun Facts About Gadget's Go Coaster
In case you're wondering, the Gadget this ride is named for isn't Inspector Gadget. Instead, it's Gadget Hackwrench, an inventive female mouse character from the television series "Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers." If you're wondering what she looks like, you can see her on top of a small weather-vane on a building near Chip and Dale's Tree House. She also shows up on a postage stamp in the loading area.
Gadget's Go Coaster is the only remaining Disneyland ride that was based on a Disney afternoon television series.
At the first turn to the left in the entrance queue, look for a hidden Mickey on the rock wall. There's another peeking out from the blueprints in the workshop.
While you wait for your acorn ride, check out Gadget's home workshop. Look for the workshop tools that spell her name. I'll get you started: "G" is a wrench. "A" is a folding measuring ruler. "D" is a saw. You're on your own after that.
If you're into technical details, Gadget is a Vekoma production model "Roller Skater" junior coaster.
Next Disneyland Ride: Disneyland Monorail