This year, in anticipation of big crowds for Spring Training baseball games, several of our Phoenix area stadiums have arranged for access by shuttle or trolley. Instead of fighting the long traffic lines and paying a fee to park at some stadiums, you can park offsite at no charge and take free transportation to the game.
In 2017 the free trolley service to the home games for Cactus League are available for the following stadiums.
Free Trolley to Sloan Park (Chicago Cubs)
A free spring training trolley and free parking for baseball fans will be made available at Tempe Marketplace. The Tempe Marketplace trolley will travel to Sloan Park, home of the Chicago Cubs. The trolley stop is located on the north side of The District near Thirsty Lion Gastropub & Grill and Kabuki Japanese Restaurant. It runs every half-hour to and from Sloan Park. Trolley rides begin two hours before each game. Riders can get an assigned time to ride so they can enjoy a pre-game bite or drink before going to Sloan Park.
Take a free trolley from Downtown Tempe to Cubs home games at Sloan Park in Mesa. The trolley stop is located on the northwest corner of Mill Avenue and Fifth Street. The trolley will begin circulating two hours prior to the start of home games, running every 20 minutes between Mill Avenue and the stadium, concluding 30 minutes after the end of each game.
Free Trolley to Tempe Diablo Stadium (Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim)
Take a free trolley from Downtown Tempe to Angels home games at Diablo Stadium in Tempe. The trolley stop is located on the northwest corner of Mill Avenue and Fifth Street. The trolley will begin circulating two hours prior to the start of home games, running every 20 minutes between Mill Avenue and the stadium, concluding 30 minutes after the end of each game. You can park at one of two Downtown Tempe Park-iT locations including City Hall Garage. Bring your parking ticket to be validated at the trolley stop located at 5th Street and Mill Avenue. A Downtown Tempe representative will be on hand to validate the parking of all passengers with valid game tickets.
The Mill Avenue Light Rail Station is within two blocks of the trolley stop, affording another easy transportation option. There are more than 100 restaurants, bars, retail shops, and entertainment options in Downtown Tempe.
TrollEy Ride to Salt River Fields at Talking Stick (Arizona Diamondbacks, Colorado Rockies)
The Talking Stick trollie stops within walking distance of the stadium. It runs Thursday-Sunday from noon to 10 p.m., with pick up times are approximately every 20 minutes.
- Pavilions at Talking Stick, south side (Octane Raceway)
- Talking Stick Resort and Casino Check guest reviews and prices for Talking Stick Resort on TripAdvisor.
- Talking Stick Golf Club
- Talking Stick Resort and Casino
- OdySea Aquarium and Butterfly Wonderland
- Topgolf and Hampton Inn. Check guest reviews and prices for Hampton Inn on TripAdvisor.
- Pavilions, north side, Salt River Fields at Talking Stick
In order to ride the trolley, you must have a voucher. It is:
- free with your Player Rewards Club card. There is no charge to get a card. Go to the desk in the casino at Talking Stick Resort. Vouchers available for pickup at the Player Rewards Club desk.
- free to Hotel Guests
Vouchers available for pickup at the concierge desk.
- $10 without a Player Rewards Club card
Vouchers may be purchased at the Talking Stick Resort Gift Shop.
Free Trolley to Scottsdale Stadium (San Francisco Giants)
Four different Scottsdale trolleys offer free transportation to Scottsdale Stadium.
- On game days, the Downtown Trolley operates a special event loop to serve the Stadium every 15 minutes. Service on the extended Downtown route begins an hour and half before the start of each game and ends 30 minutes after each game.
- From southern Scottsdale, service is provided by the regular Neighborhood Trolley every 20 minutes. The Neighborhood Route provides service all day to the Stadium.
- The Miller Road Trolley provides service every 30 minutes.
Free Trolley to Maryvale Baseball Park (Brewers)
The MARY Circulator is a free neighborhood circulator in Phoenix that takes you within 1/2 mile of the stadium (Indian School Road stop).
Free Trolley to Hohokam Stadium (Athletics)
The Mesa Downtown BUZZ is a free neighborhood circulator in Mesa that takes you within 1/2 mile of the stadium (Mesa Drive & Brown stop).