The Top 10 Free Things to Do in Vancouver, BC, are activites you can do year-round, but summer in Vancouver is a special time. There are so many free things to do in Vancouver, BC, during summer that these free Vancouver summer events deserve their own list!
For even more summer fun, see also: Summer in Vancouver: Top 10 Summer Events & Activities
01 of 08
Free Vancouver Summer Festivals
Summer's free festivals--which feature live music, roving performers, street fairs and more--are some of the best free things to do in Vancouver!
- Italian Day on Commercial Drive- June 12, 2016
- Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival - June 17 - 19, 2016
- Vancouver Car-Free Festivals - June 18 - 19, 2016
- Greek Day on Broadway - June 26, 2016
- Ships to Shore Steveston - June 30 - July 2, 2016
- Canada Day Celebrations in Vancouver - July 1, 2016
- Carnaval del sol - July 9 - 10, 2016
- Surrey Fusion Festival - July 23 - 24, 2016
- Caribbean Days Festival - July 23 - 24, 2016
- Vancouver Pride Parade & Festival - July 31, 2016
02 of 08
Free Summer Music Concerts & Music Festivals
03 of 08
Vancouver Summer Night Markets
Vancouverites love our summer night markets! There are two huge, Asian-style night markets in Richmond (one is free, the other is just $2 for admission) plus two more free markets around Metro Vancouver (the Shipyards Night Market in North Vancouver and the Surrey Night Market).
04 of 08
Vancouver Fireworks - Celebration of Lights Fireworks
If there is one event that defines summer in Vancouver, it's the Celebration of Light international fireworks festival: three nights of the best fireworks displays you've ever seen. This may be the best of all the wonderful free things to do in Vancouver this summer!
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Vancouver Fireworks: Celebration of Light Fireworks Competition - July 23, July 27, and July 30, 2016
05 of 08
Free Ballroom Dancing in Robson Square
Organized by DanceSport BC, the Robson Square Summer Dance Series offers ballroom dance lessons every Friday at 8pm, show dances at 9pm and 10pm, and a chance to dance the night away under the Robson Square dome, in the heart of downtown Vancouver.
- Robson Square Summer Dance Series - June 24 - September 2, 2016
06 of 08
Free Vancouver Water Parks for Kids
Looking for free things to do in Vancouver when the weather is hot? Head to one of Vancouver's gorgeous beaches or let the kids run wild at one of Vancouver's free summer water parks.
- Granville Island Water Park & Variety Kids Water Park at Stanley Park- Mid-May - September 1, 2016
07 of 08
Free Salsa Dancing in Robson Square
One of the more unique free things to do in Vancouver this summer is the free salsa dancing series in downtown Vancouver's Robson Square (across from the Vancouver Art Gallery). Every Sunday Afternoon Salsa event includes free beginner salsa lessons and "social dancing" that's open to everyone, regardless of skill level.
- Sunday Afternoon Salsa in Robson Square - July 3 - August 28, 2016
08 of 08
Free Vancouver Outdoor Movies
Outdoor movies are a summer tradition in Vancouver, with several different venues offering free outdoor movies throughout July and August. Showtimes start at dusk (around 9pm). Get details on locations from the Fresh Air Cinema site.